Funny how time passes on MW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how time passes on MW

Cleaning up some e-mails this evening and going through a folder called 'Majorwager'

Everything now is texts, and tweets, and snapchats......but back in the golden days of this site posters would actually email each other

Anyway, the last 5 e-mails I have in this folder are from: DelReyJ, Minnow, The Major, TTinco, and Yzerman #19

DelRey & Minnow have not posted in almost 3 years (just checked)

Russ and Franchise are watching us post from the Executive Level

....and from what I am told TTinco is a whole different tale why he left the site

Anyway, just feeling sentimental on this cold winter evening (blame it on the 'Gansetts).....carry on ladies
    "you are one sharp son of a bitch" - Yzerman #19 (11/15/2005)

RIP major/Yzerman! Thinking about you.
    "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Luke was golden.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Baller View Post
        Luke was golden.
        Mostly when he was off his meds LOL
        no matter where you go, there you are ...
        "And remember, no matter where you go, there you are." .—Confucius

Gyps

AL 29–11:Just Win Baby

Comment

I was actually going through my closet and throwing things out that were outdated and I came across some articles I wrote for my Bettorsworld days - on 3 1/2" floppy disks!!. I don't even know if there's a way of converting those files anymore. That said I still remember my first grade 8 computer class and filling out a ton of punch cards to get the computer to spit out a printout that read "Hello Hartley." And of course we all remember games like pong, breakout and space invaders. Now the graphics are so lifelike in games it's mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post
            That said I still remember my first grade 8 computer class and filling out a ton of punch cards to get the computer to spit out a printout that read "Hello Hartley."
            I remember that too. Although I think I was in 10th grade.

Did you ever play "oregon trail" on the "computer". It would give the readouts on paper.

You had a wagon train heading west, and had to manage food, ammo, moral, etc. random plagues, and indian attacks etc would deplete your resources, and kill some of your party. It was fun. Slow and retarded by todays standards but fun.
            "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

I have 852 stored messages going all the way back to I don't know when. I have to clean that out i guess.

All old though. Rarely get PM's anymore. Like Buck said its texts now.

Hard to believe all this time has passed since I joined.
              “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                I have 852 stored messages going all the way back to I don't know when. I have to clean that out i guess.

All old though. Rarely get PM's anymore. Like Buck said its texts now.

Hard to believe all this time has passed since I joined.
                Talk about feeling old. My kid was in or just out of diapers when I started posting here. Now she is taking driving lessons.

Gyps, nice to see you. Hope all is well in your parts.

Yet despite all this time that has passed, my Twitter friend @ShotTakingTime, formerly known as Buck Swope is still as solid a fade as he has EVER been. The more some things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Total Square View Post
                  Yet despite all this time that has passed, my Twitter friend @ShotTakingTime, formerly known as Buck Swope is still as solid a fade as he has EVER been.
                  sharp post TS

As much as technology changes, the one truth we can always depend from our parents/elders is that all these days pass like the snap of a finger when we get down to brass tacks
                  "you are one sharp son of a bitch" - Yzerman #19 (11/15/2005)

Comment

Comment

Who was it? I think it was Sporto who was posting those MLB afternoon Overs. Some of those were done in like the 2nd inning. It was a helluva run.

Comment

Hattori Hanso used to provide great Insight on Hawaii as well. His posts were strong!

Comment

Sportman with the nfl helmets on Sundays was a classic. How long has it been since he last posted?

Comment

Let's not let this thread go without mentioning Freddie. I am proud to call him a friend. He and Unitas are in heaven right now at the craps table. Freddie chain smoking cigarettes and U with his big cigar and hat.

I sure hope Minnow is o.k. A really great lady.

Go Vols,

taxman

Comment

TS - what year did we meet? I think I was childless. Now, I have 4. Two in high school!!! I am 6 weeks away from driver's ed with my twins. Steveo, who was the guy I met in Vegas that used to post here. I think he was a barber from Arizona? Remember noties? Another good guy. Hell, I even miss Compfan and Black Lab. Black Lab looked like Pit Bull before we ever knew who Pit Bull was. I met Compfan multiple times and he always gave me a gift - a book, a shirt, a joint, something....

Comment

Working...
                              X