Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettors are making it clear they don’t support LIV Golf

https://www.osga.com/online_gaming_a...LIV-Golf-29742

Yeah, sure. Kim Im Wu Huh. Your top 4 at the Wyndham.

Kim! Im! Woo! Hoo!
    Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

GTFO. That is going to be a majors leaderboard unless the PGA bends the knee or the 3 wood as it were.
      Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Cwissy View Post
        GTFO. That is going to be a majors leaderboard unless the PGA bends the knee or the 3 wood as it were.
        This is a minor tournament. Starting next week with the FedEx Cup tournaments, all the big names not in LIV will be there. And Gooch, Stafford and Jones will not win their appeal for a restraining order so they can play.

That aside, it doesn't change the fact that few are betting on it, although I have no doubt many bettors are waiting on the sidelines to see what transpires before investing any time in it.
        Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Not betting because not on TV. More big players, TV deal, betting. It all flows.
          Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

We'll see who jumps after the FedEx playoffs and especially after the President's Cup.
            Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Truth Social. If the Shark is stopped short, PGA survives. If it the LIV damn breaks, no choice but to merge. Can't have majors without a big chunk of the top players.
              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Cwissy View Post
                Truth Social. If the Shark is stopped short, PGA survives. If it the LIV damn breaks, no choice but to merge. Can't have majors without a big chunk of the top players.
                The NFLPA thought the same thing in 1987 but they caved when fans turned up to games with the replacement players and the networks showed them anyways. There are enough good PGA players that fans will still watch the majors without crying foul if Mickelson, Johnson, Dechambeau etc. don't play. Even if Schauffele, Cantlay and others go to LIV I don't think it matters.

I equate it to a Broadway show where an understudy takes over for the main lead. People in the theater will still go and be happy because the show is all that matters amd it's an ensemble cast. It would be different if you bought tickets to see Elton John r Bruce Springsteen and they replace him with a no name singer.
                Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Bettors are making it clear they don’t support LIV Golf
                  LMAO. Bettors have no moral compass. They will bet on anything they can get action on.

Comment

Originally posted by homedog View Post

LMAO. Bettors have no moral compass. They will bet on anything they can get action on.
                    I spoke to one offshore book - won't say who - who said they put up lines the first 2 weeks and didn't bother with Bedminster because the first 2 weeks there was virtually no interest. But I agree with both of you - the betting will come if it goes on mainstream TV and if the golfers who are supposed to do well start winning.
                    Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Working...
                    X