Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rory McIlroy slams ‘duplicitous’ Brooks Koepka for LIV Golf defection

https://nypost.com/2022/06/22/rory-m...liv-golf-flip/

I’ve always been a Rory fan.. but he needs to hush!

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

I've never been a Rory fan and he needs to STFU.
      Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Just out of curiosity what do you think the PGA Tour has done to wrong its players?
        Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Nothing before LIV. After LIV, by threatening and punishing them not to play. This is the result they deserve. GTFO their high horse about Saudi Arabia. They let them play in the Beijing Olympics. Stop acting like assholes and welcome the competition. The $40 million season long tournament is a start.
          Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

And attacking the players directly and by Rory proxy.
            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Cwissy View Post
              Nothing before LIV. After LIV, by threatening and punishing them not to play. This is the result they deserve. GTFO their high horse about Saudi Arabia. They let them play in the Beijing Olympics. Stop acting like assholes and welcome the competition. The $40 million season long tournament is a start.
              If a new football league started up with Saudi backing, playing games during the NFL season but only played on Tuesday and Wednesday and offered players $5 million per game, do you think the NFL would be wrong to tell the likes of Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Tom Brady etc. that if they decide to play in that league then don't bother showing up on Sunday to play in the NFL?
              Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

I don't know. That's not physically realistic and not comparable to a sport that can be spread out 52 weekends. Plenty for 2 and even 3 leagues.
                Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Jay Monahan sure toned down the confrontational rhetoric with Brooksy.
                  Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

This is called bending the knee.

Said Monahan: “Listen, every player that’s left, I’m going to say I have great admiration and respect for the contributions that they have made to the PGA Tour. I’m disappointed that Brooks Koepka has left and has joined the LIV Golf series. I haven’t had a chance to talk to him about it, and I look forward to having a conversation with him, but I’m not going to share any more than that at this point in time.’’
                    Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post
                      Just out of curiosity what do you think the PGA Tour has done to wrong its players?
                      Why do you think there has to be something done wrong to the players (employees)? This isn't any different than any other company.

Comment

They got a better deal. Plain and simple. Why not change?

Comment

Originally posted by homedog View Post
                          They got a better deal. Plain and simple. Why not change?
                          I have no issue with them switching for a better deal. I have an issue with the players saying that they should be able to blow off commitments to some events to be on LIV and play only in prestigious tournaments on the PGA Tour. As long as it's a clean break then that's fine. But that should also include not playing in any of the major tournaments, the Olympics or the President's and Ryder Cup.

Fwiw, unless LIV contributes points to world rankings, which is unlikely, all the LIV players will be excluded from the major tournaments in the next year or two anyways. The Masters is only guaranteed to the top 50 in world rankings. Past winners are usually given an exemption as well but that is an invitation from the tournament. Augusta Golf Course already said they won't invite anyone on LIV unless they qualify on their own based on world ranking. The other three majors are also looking at similar options.

To me I see it no difference than tennis. If there was a breakaway series from the WTA and ATP that enticed stars with huge money then fine. But those players shouldn't expect to just be allowed to play at Wimbledon, The U.S. Open, The French Open, the Australian Open or the Olympics because it's more prestigious and blow off tournaments like Cincinnati, Atlanta, Washington, Montreal and Toronto. If wouldn't be fair to paying fans in those cities. Actions have consequences and you take the good with the bad.
                          Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

You are emotionally invested for some reason. It is clouding your opinion. There are no Miss Americas in this tale. Everybody is a greedy debased fucking asshole. Close your eyes wide shut, take a deep state breah, clear your mind and look at it again.
                            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Rory will be the last but he will jump, he will jump, he will jump if LIV reaches critical mass membership or participation.
                              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Working...
                              X