Old discussion thread for contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clevfan View Post
    HERE IS A COPY OF 2019 rules….there was no contest last year….anyhow….look this over and see if it ok format wise:

Entry Fee - $500 P.M. Clevfan for details.

Prize Distribution
    1st 50%
    2nd 30%
    3rd 20%

Deadlines

Entry Fee Deadline - December 19, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST.

Picks Deadline - December 19, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST.

Goon will decide when lines go up. Will be posted as soon as available. Once lines are posted they will not change.

Picks - each player picks 15 games. Five 3*'s, Five 2*'s and 5, 1*'s. Teams may be used only once, you cannot pick both sides of a single game.

Games that have a solid number (no half point), and land on the number, will be graded as a win of half of your * bet. Example: Michigan is listed -7 over Florida State and they win by exactly 7 - a 2* play on Michigan or Florida State would both receive 1 point.

Should a game not be completed as originally scheduled within 72 hours of scheduled kickoff (vegas rules, at least 55 minutes must be played), the game will be graded as a push. This applies to venue, teams involved, power outages, acts of god, terrorism, etc.

The person with the most Stars will be the winner. If there is a tie, first tie breaker will be highest record in 3* games, second tie breaker will be highest record in 2* games.

If one of more entries are still tied after the tiebreakers above for 1st, 2nd or 3rd spot or a combination of those spots the following additional tie breaker will apply:

All players tied for those spots have the option of passing OR picking a 1*, 2* or 3* play on the Championship game (line to be posted 48 hours before kickoff). The player with the highest stars won (or least lost) in the tie breaker will win that prize. If still tied, the players will split the prize.

Picks can be posted in Goon's lines and picks thread or Pm'ed to Clevfan. Please follow Goon's instructions when submitting picks to clevfan.

If you have any questions or concerns, this is the place to address it. Let us know about your commitment to play so we can get an idea who's in and who's out. Don't forget to let your friends know about this holidays tradition.
    Actually we had a mini contest with the $250 entry fee. As I recall Cwissy won it. I think most didn't enter because few knew if games would go ahead and we didn't know which players had to sit out.
    Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      I’ll try to contribute to pot.

One condition. I’ll give Homedog who has never played ( I think) a free roll. All he has to do is say I’m in and I’ll talk to Clevfan. If he wins he can give me 250.

Let’s do it Dog. You are a much larger part of MW now. I want to cheer on games but to tired to research stuff and do a card.
      That's very kind, stevo, and thanks for the offer but I can't take your money. If I decide to play I'll put up the fee.

Comment

Originally posted by homedog View Post

That's very kind, stevo, and thanks for the offer but I can't take your money. If I decide to play I'll put up the fee.
        Understood and no sweat. I tried Cat early because he was paying for one entry for someone else. But he was fickle he is a cat.

OK. Offer OTB. Have fun fellas got a feeling weird stuff is going to happen this contest with the games.

ill just bet ‘them separately. Easier than making a card.

So I guess ill see ya next year. Happy holidays.

“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Understood and no sweat. I tried Cat early because he was paying for one entry for someone else. But he was fickle he is a cat.

OK. Offer OTB. Have fun fellas got a feeling weird stuff is going to happen this contest with the games.

ill just bet ‘them separately. Easier than making a card.

So I guess ill see ya next year. Happy holidays.
          When do you get back from your road trip?
          Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Tonight most likely Hart or morn. It’s been made clear to me that this is my puppy and I have her to deal with for the next two weeks trainings wise. Making sure they don’t make each other angry etc. it might not sound like that much but I’ll put it this way at no point in time well I have l Time to sit down and do a full card all at once which is the way I like to do it normally.

Ok the entry is 500 or 250.

I thought it was 250. And would’ve given that away and let person keep Winnings.

If it’s 500 I would want to team up with somebody. Looks like I have some time so I’ll check back in
            Last edited by stevo; 12-10-2021, 05:34 PM.
            “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Tonight most likely Hart or morn. It’s been made clear to me that this is my puppy and I have her to deal with for the next two weeks trainings wise. Making sure they don’t make each other angry etc. it might not sound like that much but I’ll put it this way at no point in time well I have l Time to sit down and do a full card all at once which is the way I like to do it normally. So shit if there’s somebody else out there that you know who is an actual person I trust you invite them and take mine and I’ll cheer along with him

So far Hartley a 20 year friend despite our differences these past two years there are still $250 on the table if he wants to find a buddy

Maybe his wife! Collusion easy to spot so not worried .
              Past 2 years?? I didn't sense any animosity between us during that time. Just because we don't agree on some things politically doesn't mean that I think any less fondly of you. Hell I disagree with my son on a lot of things politically but I respect his opinions nonetheless and we just agree to disagree and treat each other normally in every other respect.

Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post

Past 2 years?? I didn't sense any animosity between us during that time. Just because we don't agree on some things politically doesn't mean that I think any less fondly of you. Hell I disagree with my son on a lot of things politically but I respect his opinions nonetheless and we just agree to disagree and treat each other normally in every other respect.
                Understand man. Just been a tough few years on us all. I mean it took A pandemic to cause tension between those of us that are left here. So I would agree with your above statement 100% I’ve never lost the Fondness our friendship is built.on I should’ve stated the general animosity between everybody.

The people left here are trying all the regulars have at least one thread going That is always on front page and you start threads.

We’re doing our best. Sorry about the mistake and 250 offer. I thought that was the entry fee. I am going to hold out and hope Chrissy ends up needing a partner so U2 can battle it out in the Mager Wager arena

Comment

Stevo, I think I misread your post earlier. What is the entry fee $250 or $500? If what you were saying is that we could go in together at $250 each then I'm in for that. We split the winnings even though just like the entry.

Comment

Stevo, I think I misread your post earlier. What is the entry fee $250 or $500? If what you were saying is that we could go in together at $250 each then I'm in for that. We split the winnings even though just like the entry.
                    We'll see what Goon posts in the rules tonight. I thought it was going to be $250 as well. That's why I told Cwissy that if it's a nickel I only expect him to pay 250 of it. I'm fine either way. I'm just hoping we can get a decent turnout. I think the days of 30 players is long over but it would be nice to get a dozen or more.
                    Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

O. K I’m win with homedog 50/50. 250 each.

If Cwissy decides to play I’ll pay half but being a cat he knows I already know he is in charge. No financial gain no conflict. He is my friend.

Doggy if all this goes off as planned I’m ready. Just know you are much better than me so construct card like I’m not there. My prob is only dogs I like have 4 legs…. Lol

Comment

Just read harts post. Looks like we got some time. And regardless of entry fee would still like to team up with you home dog. And Cwissy and I talk offboard whenever we want by text. So he knows I’m good with him too.

Comment

Ok, I've got the lines ready but I guess there's still debate about the fee. Let's wait until Clevfan decides on it in the morning. either that or we can have a survey/poll and go with majority. I vote for 500 but will play at 250 as well.

As they say in crypto... we're on HODL for the time being
                          "Elections are not decided by those who vote but by those who count the votes"

Comment

Sounds good Goon Thanks. I will vote 500 so I can team up with homedog when asked. The cat knows where to find me stevo to….lol

I think poster teams are great. Has worked out really well for me.

I thought the contest would be started already and wouldn’t be able to be a part of it. As you can see given the time frame and change I’m fully back in to help and I am rescinding my request for a fill in for chat contest thread.

only official part of the contest for me. So Clevfan please let me know when to start it.

20 years you get attached 😎

Comment

I'll play If clevfan decides on a $250 entry fee.....Otherwise, I'll enjoy it from the sidelines.... Either way, I hope that analyzer returns to do his awesome Google spreadsheet.....

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
                                Ok, I've got the lines ready but I guess there's still debate about the fee. Let's wait until Clevfan decides on it in the morning. either that or we can have a survey/poll and go with majority. I vote for 500 but will play at 250 as well.

As they say in crypto... we're on HODL for the time being
                                I’m good with whatever amount you guys decide!

Comment

Working...
                                X