Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old discussion thread for contest

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    All of this discussing and no post about entry amount. It's rather important to me. $250 or $500?
    Fuck you, Tiger

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Hartley View Post
      Well since Cwissy's paying for my entry, $50,000? Lol.

      I like the split similar to last year where less than 10 entries it's winner take all, more than 10 then usual 50-30-20 split.
      .

      Fuck you, Tiger

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Futures Cwissy View Post
        All of this discussing and no post about entry amount. It's rather important to me. $250 or $500?
        I don't think any final details have been ironed out yet.
        Writer extraordinaire.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
          Do we want to start with the games on the 17th or do we skip the scrubs?
          2 bowls on the 17th and 6 on the 18th. My suggestion is to start with bowls on the 18th which is a Saturday that begins most Christmas vacations. I believe once lines are posted and some entries in, you'll start seeing people sign up. I doubt there will be too many upset that they can't pick the Bahamas Bowl or the Cure Bowl.
          Writer extraordinaire.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Hartley View Post

            2 bowls on the 17th and 6 on the 18th. My suggestion is to start with bowls on the 18th which is a Saturday that begins most Christmas vacations. I believe once lines are posted and some entries in, you'll start seeing people sign up. I doubt there will be too many upset that they can't pick the Bahamas Bowl or the Cure Bowl.
            I’m good with the Saturday dec 18 start

            Comment


            • #36
              Dec 18th games work for us and if its 250.00 entry we will both do a team. If its 500 we will do a single team.
              cyo guru and indy sports

              Comment


              • #37
                $250 it is! Congratulations, Hardly!
                Fuck you, Tiger

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Futures Cwissy View Post
                  $250 it is! Congratulations, Hardly!
                  Don't fret it. I only expect the 250 which was agreed to in the bet. If the consensus is $500 I'll pay the additional 250 myself. I'll also make this a "free bet" like sportsbooks do. So if I win the contest I'll give you back the 250 you paid.
                  Writer extraordinaire.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    OK so we're in agreement the contest starts in 9 days on December 18th. We need to get a thread going with the lines, rules and sign-ups.

                    I actually have my games picked out
                    Writer extraordinaire.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I still may play. I prefer a not my money but my picks agreement but there is time to carve out the entry with a payout. Cousins and under tonight would help?
                      Fuck you, Tiger

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        HERE IS A COPY OF 2019 rules….there was no contest last year….anyhow….look this over and see if it ok format wise:

                        Entry Fee - $500 P.M. Clevfan for details.

                        Prize Distribution
                        1st 50%
                        2nd 30%
                        3rd 20%

                        Deadlines

                        Entry Fee Deadline - December 19, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST.

                        Picks Deadline - December 19, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST.


                        Goon will decide when lines go up. Will be posted as soon as available. Once lines are posted they will not change.

                        Picks - each player picks 15 games. Five 3*'s, Five 2*'s and 5, 1*'s. Teams may be used only once, you cannot pick both sides of a single game.

                        Games that have a solid number (no half point), and land on the number, will be graded as a win of half of your * bet. Example: Michigan is listed -7 over Florida State and they win by exactly 7 - a 2* play on Michigan or Florida State would both receive 1 point.

                        Should a game not be completed as originally scheduled within 72 hours of scheduled kickoff (vegas rules, at least 55 minutes must be played), the game will be graded as a push. This applies to venue, teams involved, power outages, acts of god, terrorism, etc.

                        The person with the most Stars will be the winner. If there is a tie, first tie breaker will be highest record in 3* games, second tie breaker will be highest record in 2* games.

                        If one of more entries are still tied after the tiebreakers above for 1st, 2nd or 3rd spot or a combination of those spots the following additional tie breaker will apply:

                        All players tied for those spots have the option of passing OR picking a 1*, 2* or 3* play on the Championship game (line to be posted 48 hours before kickoff). The player with the highest stars won (or least lost) in the tie breaker will win that prize. If still tied, the players will split the prize.


                        Picks can be posted in Goon's lines and picks thread or Pm'ed to Clevfan. Please follow Goon's instructions when submitting picks to clevfan.

                        If you have any questions or concerns, this is the place to address it. Let us know about your commitment to play so we can get an idea who's in and who's out. Don't forget to let your friends know about this holidays tradition.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Hartley View Post

                          Don't fret it. I only expect the 250 which was agreed to in the bet. If the consensus is $500 I'll pay the additional 250 myself. I'll also make this a "free bet" like sportsbooks do. So if I win the contest I'll give you back the 250 you paid.
                          ty
                          Fuck you, Tiger

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by clevfan View Post
                            HERE IS A COPY OF 2019 rules….there was no contest last year….anyhow….look this over and see if it ok format wise:

                            Entry Fee - $500 P.M. Clevfan for details.

                            Prize Distribution
                            1st 50%
                            2nd 30%
                            3rd 20%

                            Deadlines

                            Entry Fee Deadline - December 19, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST.

                            Picks Deadline - December 19, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST.


                            Goon will decide when lines go up. Will be posted as soon as available. Once lines are posted they will not change.

                            Picks - each player picks 15 games. Five 3*'s, Five 2*'s and 5, 1*'s. Teams may be used only once, you cannot pick both sides of a single game.

                            Games that have a solid number (no half point), and land on the number, will be graded as a win of half of your * bet. Example: Michigan is listed -7 over Florida State and they win by exactly 7 - a 2* play on Michigan or Florida State would both receive 1 point.

                            Should a game not be completed as originally scheduled within 72 hours of scheduled kickoff (vegas rules, at least 55 minutes must be played), the game will be graded as a push. This applies to venue, teams involved, power outages, acts of god, terrorism, etc.

                            The person with the most Stars will be the winner. If there is a tie, first tie breaker will be highest record in 3* games, second tie breaker will be highest record in 2* games.

                            If one of more entries are still tied after the tiebreakers above for 1st, 2nd or 3rd spot or a combination of those spots the following additional tie breaker will apply:

                            All players tied for those spots have the option of passing OR picking a 1*, 2* or 3* play on the Championship game (line to be posted 48 hours before kickoff). The player with the highest stars won (or least lost) in the tie breaker will win that prize. If still tied, the players will split the prize.


                            Picks can be posted in Goon's lines and picks thread or Pm'ed to Clevfan. Please follow Goon's instructions when submitting picks to clevfan.

                            If you have any questions or concerns, this is the place to address it. Let us know about your commitment to play so we can get an idea who's in and who's out. Don't forget to let your friends know about this holidays tradition.
                            It sounds good but it should only be 50-30-20 if there are 10 or more entries. At least that's my opinion.
                            Writer extraordinaire.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I will have it up and running by tomorrow night.
                              "Elections are not decided by those who vote but by those who count the votes"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I’ll try to contribute to pot.

                                One condition. I’ll give Homedog who has never played ( I think) a free roll. All he has to do is say I’m in and I’ll talk to Clevfan. If he wins he can give me 250.

                                Let’s do it Dog. You are a much larger part of MW now. I want to cheer on games but to tired to research stuff and do a card.
                                “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X