No announcement yet.

CURRENT NEWS (COVID IS OLD NEWS) DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban shows support for LIV Golf while calling out the media bashing players taking the money.

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

• I wonder if he would feel the same way if a rival basketball league owned by the Saudis was started up playing in the winter and all the big name NBA players including Luka Doncic went there on $100 million a year contracts?
      Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

• Why not?

Comment

• We know Biden won't be there but Trump? Dana Carvey is great for a laugh. Flash forward to 7.35

Biden vs Trump 2024

“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Originally posted by Hartley View Post

I wonder if he would feel the same way if a rival basketball league owned by the Saudis was started up playing in the winter and all the big name NBA players including Luka Doncic went there on $100 million a year contracts?
            yes.. and I'm sure he would hope Lebron was the first to go.

Pappy

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
              We know Biden won't be there but Trump? Dana Carvey is great for a laugh. Flash forward to 7.35

Biden vs Trump 2024
              good stuff..

Pappy

Comment

• So first Biden got asthma from oil.. now it caused him to have cancer.. he has no idea what he is saying..

Pappy

Comment

• The J6 meeting tonight sure made Josh Hawley look like a hypocritical coward.
                  Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

The J6 meeting tonight sure made Josh Hawley look like a hypocritical coward.
                    Time change screwed me up good thing that they keep this backed up by about 2 to 3 hours. I just started watching and noticed that the Black congressman who is leading these has Covid. He was pretty old hope he’s OK.

They are promising to show split screen with real time of what was going on and Trump watching television. So I’m going to have a fun night I think.

“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

The J6 meeting tonight sure made Josh Hawley look like a hypocritical coward.
                      I think just the opposite.

Pappy

Comment

• So you see no issue with rooting on a group of thugs to storm the capitol and then running fron that same group when they do just that?
                        The internet set the videos of Hawley running to everything from Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run" to the theme song from "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
                        Last edited by Hartley; 07-22-2022, 09:04 AM.
                        Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

I guess it depends what the rules and regulations say on the go Fund Me website. I think the biggest problem is that this money didn't go to any particular person or cause. "Trucker convoy" doesn't indicate how the funds are being used. I've given to Go Fund Me causes before but it clearly indicates how the money would be used. I wouldn't donate to an unspecified generic cause.

FWIW they discovered the vast majority of the money for the truckers came from the U.S.
                          Agreed. I give to a lot of things, but only those I know where my money is going.

Pappy

Comment

• While Hunter Biden was registered as a lobbyist for domestic interests, he failed to registered under the Federal Agents Registration Act.

Pappy

Comment

• How are things where you guys are going thru this heatwave?

I laugh when Mom cries about it being 100 degrees. End of days for her. I just laugh and say this time of year that's mild..LOL

They have started doing commercials here and maybe other states asking for time to help disperse or any donation for the troughs they keep filled for wildlife are not currently enough.

I know they are not lying. I've mentioned we live top right side in very back. Thick brush and wilderness only blocked one last row of houses. I've told you about coyotes and why you need some protection here and I mentioned I saw a Boar and that time wanted nothing to do with me or I with it. Went in house. Yesterday I have no clue if same boar I walk out back and in middle of street is a fukin boar again. He just looks at me not any emotion. I'm still leary but i think maybe he goes to a fountain at neighbors or something and they went on vacation. So I look at him and I turn the hose on and toss end in middle of yard. Still safe large yard. Sure enough I went back in house and he drank for 20 min to almost half hour and headed back to hills.

This drought is bad. Have to hope for no more fires. And BE NICE TO BOARS
                              Last edited by stevo; 07-23-2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• It's been hot here in the Houston area, stevo. Last summer we never broke 100 and this year it has been 100+ for nearly two months now. Top was 106. It's not unbearable but just a good bit above normal. The worst part is we haven't had any rain at all so that is going to cause a problem sooner or later unless we get some relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X