This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hartley View Post

To be perfectly honest I care far more about sports like rowing, swimming, volleyball or most track events than basketball, golf, soccer or tennis because the former are truly amateurs which was the real point of the Olympics rather than rich professionals.
    Exactly I think those sports would qualify as "I don't know who anyone is" for me. Rowing? Don't know one name in any of those sports but I'll cheer because of their effort to get there for us getting no pay!
    Last edited by stevo; 07-21-2021, 11:49 PM.
    “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• I can't even remember the name of that stud swimmer we had who got all those gold medals. Time is fleeting.
      “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Phelps.
        Wish I was in the Olympics, but this one would suck.
        Franz Klammer, Nadia Comenichi, US Ice Hockey, remember Speed Skating?
        Even Bruce Jenner was good.
        I hope some athletes that trained their whole lives are rewarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I can't even remember the name of that stud swimmer we had who got all those gold medals. Time is fleeting.
          I think you're referring to Michael Phelps but Mark Spitz was almost as good in the 1972 games.
          Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

• I can remember Spitz!

Both are correct saying Phelps. Stud.

Nadia Comenichi story is a great reason why I can watch. Remember that like it was yesterday. STUCK IT!!!

Comment

• The U.S. Women's Soccer Team, led by the politically-charged Megan Rapinoe, represented America on the world stage by taking a knee

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

• Australia’s Jamie Kermond banned from Olympics over positive cocaine test

https://nypost.com/2021/07/22/austra...-cocaine-test/

Comment

• The Daily Sweat: Can the United States score at least 111 Olympic medals?

https://news.yahoo.com/the-daily-swe...120358309.html

Comment

• What drug, virus testing are they not doing? I'd say this has gotten out of control but we are far beyond that. It was better when everybody was taking steroids with no testing.
                    Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Like literally who give a shit if some athlete is on cocaine. Do we really need to know that? Is that going to debase the sacred games?
                      Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Tokyo 2020
                        Olympian 'disappointed and disillusioned' by restrictions forcing her to leave breastfeeding child at home
                        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Originally posted by Futures Cwissy View Post
                          Tokyo 2020
                          Olympian 'disappointed and disillusioned' by restrictions forcing her to leave breastfeeding child at home
                          Is she competing as a woman or a man?

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

• You have to ask that question in 2021!
                            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Maybe in 2024 it will be competing as a human or AI! Or animal! Or space alien!
                              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Originally posted by Futures Cwissy View Post
                                You have to ask that question in 2021!
                                P.C Babies are happy with Pappy's questioning.

(South Park Joke)

Comment

Working...
                                X