Summer Olympics Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

• The Olympic events to watch on Wednesday, July 28: men’s basketball, Caeleb Dressel

https://nypost.com/2021/07/27/how-to...ball-comeback/

Comment

• NBC’s primetime coverage of the Tokyo Olympics continued to spiral downward on Monday, averaging 14.7 million viewers for a 49% drop compared to the equivalent night from the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Games. 

Pappy

Comment

• I've watched a little. A few minutes here and there. I will never watch the women's soccer team and hope they lose every time they play. They are an embarrassment to our country. If professional teams want to let their athletes kneel that's their business. But if an athlete feels inclined to protest our national anthem then they shouldn't accept a spot to represent our country in the Olympics.

Pappy

Comment

• I don't always agree with viewership "numbers"..
            Everyone I've talked to has said they've been watching,, we talked about Handball, skateboarding, surfing, swimming, Rugby, even field hockey, and Women's weightlifting, the Women's mountainbkie course was gnarly, I probably couldn't even walk thru one lap of it.
            I have a bootleg Firestick, lots of people stream on their computers, or even watch on YouTube, traditional ways of counting viewership may not capture actual numbers, imo.

Women's soccer team, old news, nobody cares about those hags, Men's NBA, I don't know if they are "woke" or just not as hungry as other countries are. plus different rules and referees, they don't get all the calls that they constantly whine about in NBA, I saw Luka Doncic and Slovenia play, those guys look like they are having fun, Spain squad also. Women's gymnastics I just turn the channel on, very boring and predictable, maybe that is what people aren't watching, now that we have so many more options, in the old days all we saw was swimming , gymnastics, and track and field. I like checking out all of the other sports instead.
            Everyone I've seen has been stoked to be there, glad I haven't witnessed any protesting or political statements. These athletes work most of their lives for this one chance of glory and opportunity to match up against the world's best, they should go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Baller View Post
              Women's soccer team, old news, nobody cares about those hags, Men's NBA, I don't know if they are "woke" or just not as hungry as other countries are. plus different rules and referees, they don't get all the calls that they constantly whine about in NBA, I saw Luka Doncic and Slovenia play, those guys look like they are having fun, Spain squad also. Women's gymnastics I just turn the channel on, very boring and predictable, maybe that is what people aren't watching, now that we have so many more options, in the old days all we saw was swimming , gymnastics, and track and field. I like checking out all of the other sports instead.
              Everyone I've seen has been stoked to be there, glad I haven't witnessed any protesting or political statements. These athletes work most of their lives for this one chance of glory and opportunity to match up against the world's best, they should go for it.
              Good points.. Honestly it seems the sports that allow professional athletes that make bigger money are the problem.. the amateurs seem to play for their country and are honored to be there.. I'm not much a professional sports fan. The only professional sport I watch at this point is golf.

Pappy

Comment

• Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post

Good points.. Honestly it seems the sports that allow professional athletes that make bigger money are the problem.. the amateurs seem to play for their country and are honored to be there.. I'm not much a professional sports fan. The only professional sport I watch at this point is golf.
                I agree, back when Pros weren't allowed, it was more pure.

The Men's Soccer tournament usually has their Under 23 kids, plus one or two Veterans for leadership. The kids are still Pro, but aren't on their National team for World Cup, and other bigger tournaments.
                The French team is all youngsters I've never heard of, along with this guy that has been out of the mix, playing in Mexico for last 6 years, and he (Luc-Pierre Gignac #10), has been awesome. I like the format for Men's Soccer, not alot of rolling around..
                Men's basketball, even if it was just our team, should go back to College, D-League, or guys that have to play oversees, they would play harder. Why would Kevin Durant want to get hurt against Iraq?
                I only watch Golf highlights, and play myself, don't think I've ever bet on it, but going to bet on, and watch Patrick Reed, sounds like he gets motivated playing for his country?

Comment

• I was expecting a drop off. Never liked that system they have to gage viewership though.

And if you are using firestick its all the channels lined in a row. Way easier to flip around than Cable TV and I believe our service is showing more than what's on regular T.V. Baller. I didn't bother to count channels but there were at least 10.

Not sure though what's on reg T.V.
                  Last edited by stevo; 07-28-2021, 05:13 PM.
                  “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    I was expecting a drop off. Never liked that system they have to gage viewership though.

And if you are using firestick its all the channels lined in a row. Way easier to flip around than Cable TV and I believe our service is showing more than what's on regular T.V. Baller. I didn't bother to count channels but there were at least 10.

Not sure though what's on reg T.V.
                    Loving our service, probably 20 channels on Olympics alone, also like the Daily Events tab. Thanks again for hooking me up.

I've been watching some Cricket, it's an interesting game, and they've formatted it down to 100 balls or pitches per team. It used to take days for a match, batters wouldn't even run half the time, new format is watchable, everyone in the stands makes it look like one giant party, costumes, lots of beer, looks like a fun time..

Comment

• Australian canoeist Jessica Fox found a perfectly stretchy, waterproof material for a boat repair at the Tokyo Olympics. A condom.

Comment

• I missed this. WTF. How does that even happen??? I'll Google.

Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post
                        “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• It was a joke, Stevo.
                          Nobody wants those hags to have another day in the sun..

Don't get me started, because I'm pissed about having to wear mask now at my Butchers, , but, those Bitches get guaranteed pay, and Medical, regardless of outcome..
                          Guys, who the whole world watches,, only gets paid on appearance and performance, (just like most people),, and those hags have turned down, on 3 occasions, to get paid the same as Men.
                          Even the Men have supported their plight,, but it's never enough, fck em'

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Baller View Post
                            It was a joke, Stevo.
                            Nobody wants those hags to have another day in the sun..

Don't get me started, because I'm pissed about having to wear mask now at my Butchers, , but, those Bitches get guaranteed pay, and Medical, regardless of outcome..
                            Guys, who the whole world watches,, only gets paid on appearance and performance, (just like most people),, and those hags have turned down, on 3 occasions, to get paid the same as Men.
                            Even the Men have supported their plight,, but it's never enough, fck em'
                            Canada should give them a run for their money on Tuesday.
                            Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

• The masks are a complete joke. As soon as the anthem quits playing on the podium they take them off. What ajoke.

Comment

• I just found out that poetry used to be in the Olympics. Is that the most bizarre "sport" you ever heard? Apparently sculpting used to get medals as well. I don't recall tug o war being on the Olympics but I do remember it in the Superstars competition.
                                Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Working...
                                X