Very interesting read on vaccines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting read on vaccines

A cousin of mine who works in the vaccine industry overseas wrote the following re: the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine. I thought it was interesting.

Cousin Hartley was asking about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and it got me thinking that I should write something to dispel some of the rumors So here it is:

1. These are mRNA vaccines or messenger RNA not tRNA or transcription RNA so they are not going to suddenly go all Outer Limits on you and start mutating the cells in your body. Think of it like the data you feed into a machine. You are simply telling the DNA in the cells to make something useful whereas tRNA inserts itself into the machinery and becomes the mold so to speak that makes the new product and changes the cell possibly forever.

2. The vaccines we are used to are inactivated or modified live vaccines. They use the actual virus and either kill it first with something like formalin or in the latter case weaken it by passaging it through a number of cell lines. The inactivated produce a weak immunity since dead virus don't stimulate our immune system that well and the attenuated vaccine produces better immunity but is suitable for viruses that don't naturally mutate. Corona mutates.

3. The goal of any vaccine is safety, efficacy and potency in order to be successful. mRNA vaccines are safe. Efficacy depends on timing and loading. Inject enough RNA using a viral vector such as adenovirus, to infect enough cells to produce a sufficient number of non infectious CoVid19 virus particles to stimulate an immediate immune response to fight off an actual virus challenge while the immune response is still present. There in may lay the potency problem. Is two injections separated by a few weeks enough to provide a long term immunity? How long will be the memory response? What if the virus naturally mutates? Will it then have different antigens that aren't covered by the mRNA production?

4. So in summary of all this, all I can say is that this is the best solution we have now. Will it be optimal? I don't know. Will it work for everyone? Since it is reliant on your cells functioning normally and your immune system being sufficiently stimulated then probably not. Those that are immune compromised or have cellular dysfunctions may not derive the necessary immunity. Aren't those the people at highest risk to get CoVid? Yes but if the vast majority of people have a good immune response then the virus should naturally die out before those still at risk come in contact.

5. What about those that are asymptomatic carriers that show no signs but can clinically pass on the disease? If those people exist and they probably do,then this becomes very interesting. Everything in nature wants to survive. And even though a virus is not a living thing it still wants to carry on. If it preexists in the host who is then given the vaccine, then from a scientific perspective it would be very interesting to see what happens. Will it still be eliminated? Will it go into an immediate self preservation mutation? Will it become hyper stimulated and the individual becomes a super speader? I don't think we have the answer for this yet. To those that say science is the answer to everything,I say science is Good but it is not God. That one little letter o makes a universal difference. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Writer extraordinaire.

Let us know when a vaccine for a bullet to the chest comes around, Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by homedog View Post
      Let us know when a vaccine for a bullet to the chest comes around, Hart.
      Called a bullet proof vest.
      Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

I won't be getting a COVID vaccine... I'll take my chances of being in the less than 1% as compared to whatever the vaccines chemicals might do to me...

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post
          I won't be getting a COVID vaccine... I'll take my chances of being in the less than 1% as compared to whatever the vaccines chemicals might do to me...
          I will. I get a flu shot every year because I have had asthma my whole life. I remember one year I got the shot and wife didn't. She got unbelievably sick with the flu and it lasted almost 3 weeks. I didn't even get the sniffles. She has gotten it every year since and neither of us have had the flu in almost 25 years of marriage since.

I actually asked my cousin what he thought would happen with covid after the vaccines and this was his response:

With all the immune disorders that exist in society I think we are still going to see an annual death rate from CoVid which will become dusguised by annual flu deaths.In other words you will be told that CoVid has been eradicated but we are experiencing a nastier flu bug this year. And the people will be none the wiser year after year.
          Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post

I will. I get a flu shot every year because I have had asthma my whole life. I remember one year I got the shot and wife didn't. She got unbelievably sick with the flu and it lasted almost 3 weeks. I didn't even get the sniffles. She has gotten it every year since and neither of us have had the flu in almost 25 years of marriage since.

I actually asked my cousin what he thought would happen with covid after the vaccines and this was his response:

With all the immune disorders that exist in society I think we are still going to see an annual death rate from CoVid which will become dusguised by annual flu deaths.In other words you will be told that CoVid has been eradicated but we are experiencing a nastier flu bug this year. And the people will be none the wiser year after year.
            I have gotten the flu shot for years but it's been around for years.. I'll get the COVID shot eventually, but I'll give it some time..

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post

I have gotten the flu shot for years but it's been around for years.. I'll get the COVID shot eventually, but I'll give it some time..
              I never said I'd be first in line but I will get it. I have a feeling some businesses are going to require workers to get the shot to return to the office but will then tell workers they can no longer work from home which will force their hand to get the vaccine or be temporarily laid off. No doubt that will lead to legal challenges. I assume all front line workers will be required to get the shot as well, and likely will be the first to get it along with those over 60 years of age.

The thing that does make me a bit nervous is that mRNA vaccines are brand new and we don't know the long term effects. On paper they should be safe but they said the same thing about thalidomide. Even heroin was first marketed as a safe alternative to aspirin. And to be honest I used Seldane for years for allergies until it was taken off the market for heart arrhythmia.
              Last edited by Hartley; 11-18-2020, 08:34 PM.
              Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

I've never gotten the flu shot and have only gotten it once in the last 25 years.

Comment

I've never gotten the flu shot and have only gotten it once in the last 25 years.
                  This is one area I'm not going to disagree with you Homedog. Whether to get the vaccine or not, along with the flu shot should be a personal choice. But at the same time I do have an issue with anti-vaxxer parents who refuse to get the MMR vaccine for their children. These are diseases that were eradicated ages ago and now are threatening to return as a result of the anti-vaxxer movement based on beliefs of autism which were proven to be fake.
                  Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Even though I live with a very at risk wife I never took the regular flu shot in 20 years. She did all these years though. This year though Doc said "you have to take this with what's going on" he is a good Doc so I took the flu shot this year. No bigge.

Far as vaccine I'll let wife decide. She does not have to return to work ever. She qualifies for the 30% at home work force and she has worked for them for 35 years. So she has some pull and time for vaccine to play out.
                    “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post

But at the same time I do have an issue with anti-vaxxer parents who refuse to get the MMR vaccine for their children. These are diseases that were eradicated ages ago and now are threatening to return as a result of the anti-vaxxer movement based on beliefs of autism which were proven to be fake.
                      Sigh. Try having one of them in your family We have a niece who's kids we treat like our own grandkids as both her parents are deceased.

Hartley: Her and her group of 4 friends all planned to have kids at same time(she had two back to back). None of them were vaccinated and together they all have about 8-9 kids now.

When we left house after learning and seeing her on her phone with friends trading advice etc I asked wife "So she is going to raise her kid using google?

My wife said don't bother intervening. I guess she knew this before me and tried to talk her out of it.

I don't like shit pumped into my body and a flu shot has never been major. But no Vaccines at birth?

Not my kids I just pray for them.

Edit: They have made it to around 5 and 3 now. The rest around the same. She has a good heart and is a sweetie so I don't say shit. They aren't close to any age danger and would likely survive. Still though.
                      Last edited by stevo; 11-19-2020, 02:19 PM.
                      “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I wonder how long do the covid test kits last? Do they come with an expiration date.

Comment

Working...
                        X