X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post
    IMHO..

Frost was a great hire with proven success.. while at Nebraska he is the best coach in CFB with a losing record.. Nebraska would have fired anybody not named Frost after last season.. Nebraska will fire Frost after this season.
    There are some things he says that makes me question his coaching ability. Last year, after the first game against Illinois, he said he was surprised they came out in a 4-3, or 3-4. Whatever it was, it was opposite of what he expected, and then they didn't make any adjustments. This game against NW, he said they did some things that surprised him. Pat F has been coaching NW for what 17 years? You have plenty of film, almost nothing should surprise you. They pretty much ran between the tackles their last 15 plays, and you couldn't stop them.

Scott said his offensive staff needs to learn to be more creative. I don't agree with that statement. You can run the same 12 plays over and over, just execute your blocks. The mantra with Tom Osborne, was "we're running right, what are you going to do about it?" I think it was the 95 season, the linemen later admitted they would tell the defense what play they were going to run, and then run it anyway.

On Saturday, Nebraska got out worked by NW. I don't think Iowa gets better recruits than either Nebraska or Minnesota, yet Firentz has won like 14 of the last 15 against those two, or something like that. I know he's won like 8 in a row against Nebraska. He out coaches both of those two every contest between them. Firentz eats Frosted Flecks for breakfast.

A coach like Frost can compete in leagues with lesser defenses, like the Pac Dozen or whatever it's called now, but the coaches are really good in the big 10, and he flat out gets out coached. His defense was HORRIBLE tackling on Saturday. That's very coachable, and it's not the first time I've seen his defenses look like that. Perhaps he should have fired his childhood friend, Eric Chinander as well.

I just don't see Scott Frost making in game adjustments. I never see them come out in the 2nd half, playing a different scheme than the first half. They often play worse in the 2nd half, and I think that's largely because their opponent IS adjusting, and the Huskers aren't. Huskers weren't getting any pressure on NW, and just like last year, I didn't see any blitzing. IF you're bleeding out, you have to do something to stop the bleeding, and there's no adjustments. NW was just gashing the Huskers up the middle, and they didn't seem to switch anything. Huskers run way too much zone coverage for a team with no pressure on the QB. Long crossing routes kill zone defenses, but they take time to develop. NW had all the time they needed.
    "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Anyone have something they especially like today?

Comment

• Ohio state -16

Comment

• OK getting used to things we have a terrible amount of power outages out here we had two in a row last night for 2 1/2 hours with only a half hour in between I got close with all the stuff in the fridge and freezer. So no time to do any studying tomorrow Saturday I’m sitting here in the dark. I said I hope somebody post something tomorrow. So for me it’s Clevfan with Ohio State -16 I had actually Looked earlier in the week and this was one game I liked
          16.5 bought fan duel. AHHHHHHHHHHHi gotta go. sunny and a power outage had to turn off wifi.

Sucks on a Saturday!!!
          Last edited by stevo; 09-03-2022, 06:03 PM.
          “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• So I go outside my Wi-Fi range Another Verizon great trick fuckers and I told you guys I can’t see on my phone and I dictate talk on my phone which means I have to go back and fix a bunch of shit I’m almost unsure whether it would just take time typing a whole thing out. Anyways I get out there and the reading is just too fucking small. I can’t figure out how to buy a point standing in the middle of the sun in the street. Just put it in at 16.5 I didn’t bring my glasses.Fuck it win by 17 and everybody’s happy that’s on Ohio State

at this point it’s fun and pride anyway so good luck everybody today and good luck to the buckeyes fans.
            Last edited by stevo; 09-03-2022, 06:08 PM.
            “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Perhaps the craziest 4th quarter you may ever see (Although W Kentucky blowing a 49-14 lead on Central Mich in a bowl game is right up there too). App St trailed UNC 41-21 entering the 4th quarter. There was 62 points scored in the 4th, including 3 touchdowns in the last 31 seconds. UNC held on to win 63-61. Classic finish. I'd keep an eye on that App st team, that offense looked good. Think about that, 62 points scored in ONE quarter. I don't think I've ever seen that before. I've definitely seen a couple 49's, but I don't think I've ever seen 62. I just looked up the record, Navy outscored N. Texas in one quarter 35-28, so the recorrd is 63. In this case, App St missed a two point conv with 31 seconds left, and missed another 2 pt conversion with 9 seconds left. Had they made that 2nd one, it would have been 64 points in the quarter, and not only would have it set the most points in a quarter, but it would have likely sent the game to OT at 63-63. Incidentally, some high school in Kansas was once winning a game 72-0 in the first quarter. Think about that, thats probably 11 touchdowns in one quarter, by one team!! How do you even get 11 possessions in a quarter? The other team must have been throwing pick 6's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz5weVfOve4
              "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Hey Baller, my daughter is at a Champions League game in Salzburg, Austria. Don't know the teams.

Comment

• Michigan State
                  SPREAD
                  Akron @ Michigan StateSAT 1:00PM MST

Comment

• Originally posted by homedog View Post
                    Hey Baller, my daughter is at a Champions League game in Salzburg, Austria. Don't know the teams.
                    maybe vacation from posting . I FaceTimed him about three weeks ago and he answered it while he was driving a boat. I guess that safe nothing to run into. Loud as hell though. So a decent size boat

Comment

• Tenn Pitt over 62.5
                      App St Tex A/M over 54
                      Neb GaSo over 62.5

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzer View Post
                        Tenn Pitt over 62.5
                        App St Tex A/M over 54
                        Neb GaSo over 62.5
                        Well, looks like I'm going to go 1-2 today. It's unfortunate PItt didn't score in OT, or didn't force Tenn into a fg.

As this season progresses, I would keep Nebraska on your radar to play the over. They are exactly what you want in an over bet. Up tempo, pass happy offense, that will score plenty of points, and NO defense. The up tempo will mean lots of possessions, and the only thing worse than a defense who can't stop the run, can't pressure the QB, and can't tackle, is a tired defense, that can't stop the run, can't pressure the QB, and can't tackle. If not for a clock mgmt blunder by GaSo at the 2 yd line, the OVER 62.5 would have been there at HALF TIME. LOL.

What a day by the Sun Belt! Marshall upsets ND, App St upsets A/M, and 23 point dog GaSo may well beat Nebraska, although, I hesitate to call that an upset.

Gophers haven't played anyone yet, but when you look at the Big10 west, it appears to be theirs to lose. Wisc, Iowa, Ill, Nebraska, NW, are all looking pretty bad, Purdue might be the only threat for the Gophers. If the Gophers go to the Rosebowl, I already told my wife we're going. Maybe we could have a MW get together in Pasedena? With USC and UCLA joining the big 10, this might be the last legitimate chance the gophers have of playing in the Rosebowl under the current format. I would LOVE to go.

Comment

• A $100 3-team moneyline Sunbelt parlay on App St, Marshal, and Ga So would have paid $133,000. For $50 bucks, I could have bought a brand new pickup. Marshal was playing a team with a buckeye hangover, GaSo was playing nebraska, who can't figure out how to win in the 4th quarter, has no defense, and was looking ahead to Oklahoma, and App st has a baller at QB, and took UNC down to the wire last week, so while a 3team moneyline might have been a stretch to contemplate, it wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

As for the Huskers, the beatings will continue until Morale improves.

You really can't make it up. Another 1 score loss. This time, the Huskers take a 4 point lead with 3 minutes left. Ga So converts on 4th and 2 inside their own 40. Nebraska drops two interceptions right in their hands. GaSo scores a TD with 36 seconds left. Props to Nebraska for getting themselves in FG range, but the 52 yard fg was just wide left.

At this point, I'm just looking at it, as entertainment, and EVERY SINGLE GAME is HIGHLY entertaining. It's GREAT TV!!! Every game comes down to the last minute, it's just a matter of how are they going to lose THIS time.

I so wish to GOD I had a $133,000 parlay riding on that one. I would have had a heart attack, but would love to drive home with a new truck next week, off a $100 bet. Cwissy could have had his walkoff. Hell the way Cwissy bets, he might have made $1,000,000 on a parlay like that. Could've added Wash St who also won on the road as a 17 point dog. You had a 17, 20, 22, 23 point road dogs all winning the same day. Unbelievable. The Parody in college football is fun. These kids are so well trained, and bulked up coming out of high school, it's leveled the playing field across college football. I won't say anyone can win. New Mexico St, and W. Illinois both had no shot at beating the gophers, but there's more parody than I've ever seen. You know there's alot of parody when the Sun Belt beats 3 power 5's in the same day, and when Kentucky is competing with Florida.

Comment

• Buffalo lost to Holy Cross on a Hail Mary. Once again, the defense rushed 3. I think 9 times out of 10, when a hail mary is successful, the defense rushed 3.

Comment

• Got home, threw Analyzer's pick into some 4:30 games.
                              San Jose State was impressive, Rah-Rah coach, decent QB, didn't follow, or know about all the transfers he signed, Played very respectfully, going into Auburn..
                              Your GaSo Over almost clicked by Halftime..
                              PARLAY (4 TEAMS)
                              [390] AUBURN -24-105
                              [391] GEORGIA SOUTHERN o62½-110
                              [393] SOUTHERN CAL (USC) -9½-110
                              [396] OKLAHOMA STATE -11½-110
                              LOSE
                              LOSE
                              PEND
                              PEND
                              WIN

Comment

• Buffalo lost to Holy Cross on a Hail Mary.

If that's not the most Catholic thing I ever heard.
                                Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Working...
                                X