X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haaaaa. Great story anny.

Comment

• If you are going to have a heart attack that is the way to do it. I keep telling my wife she isn't trying hard enough.

Comment

• IMG_20211218_180808790.jpg

While these days it's pretty easy to talk her into bed, she doesn't often wear lingerie, but she wore the fun stuff that night. She even wore heels to bed. That never happens. Whatever novel she was reading on the plane, I should write the author a thank you letter.
        Attached Files
        "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Regarding college football betting, last year was a very unique situation, that we'll likely never see again: Many teams were largely the same as the year before. With the exception of those drafted by the NFL, and a few transfer portal kids, many teams were very similar to the year before, just a year older. Granted, they were playing in front of crowds again, which changes pressure on individuals. We saw the Nebraska place kicker go from Big 10 kicker of the year, to missing 50% of his field goals, and even a few extra points. The extra fan pressure ate him up. But otherwise, from a betting standpoint, it was extremely unique. You could use an entire season of data, to predict outcomes. It doesn't necessarily help you in bowl games, that's a completely different animal, trying to predict who's motivated, and who is not. But during the regular season, it was very helpful. Nebraska for instance, was almost identical to the year before, and very predictable. This year, not so much.

NIL, and the transfer portal, has made predicting early outcomes very difficult. Alot of research is going to be necessary to have decent early success. I would think it's going to be extremely difficult even for Vegas to put the proper line on a game. I would think we'll see some fairly heavy line movement, as sharps plunk down big early money, and the book realizes they may be way off. Either that, or Vegas, may have to hire more research analysts to figure it out.

Nebraska for instance, has used NIL and the transfer portal to grab several key players. They had a great transfer recruitment season. They brought in like 4 top defensive lineman alone. They were one of the worst punting teams in America, hell they were probably 100th in special teams in general. Just awful. But they brought in one of the best punters in college football from Montana, and brought in a great place kicker. They grabbed a pretty good QB transfer from Texas, as he could see he's not going to see the playing field. Adrian Martinez, who must be about 40 by now, still had one more year of eligibility left, but chose to transfer to Kstate to be with his girlfriend instead. The Nebraska fan base is split on whether that is a good thing or not. AM held lots of career records for Nebraska, but those of us who analyze his play, know that it's a good thing for the huskers that he left. While he's tough to bring down in the pocket, and a pretty good runner, he was slow to make decisions and release the football, often inaccurate, did not take care of the football (led all QB's in fumbling in his career), and would often step out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder for a few more yards. He was horrible in the red zone, so much so that the coaches seem to abandon the passing game inside the 10. When you make slow decisions, are slow to release, and inaccurate to boot, that's not a good place to pass. But most of all, he was flat out awful in the last 2 or 3 minutes of games, with the game on the line. Either to get the winning or tying points in the last possession he was something like 1 for 20 ish. But that's when the other team knows you're going to throw the football, and he couldn't guide the team to points in that situation. Nebraska lost all 9 games by single digits last year, and most of it fell on him, and the special teams. I think they're better off moving on. With Frost on the Hot Seat, I think he knew it too, and probably encouraged AM to move on. He probably had told AM he was going to fall into a back up role. They had no choice.

Huskers are still looking for a stud receiver or two. No one seems to be breaking out. Their running backs seem to be in about the same situation. Their offensive line will continue to be a question mark. They've brought in a bunch of new coaches, so it's going to be hard to know how much affect that will have. But we brought in the OC from Pittsburgh, and he did a great job with that passing game. Apparently he's a pass first guy, so I wouldnt expect to see a big running game from Nebraska. They'll probably have higher scoring games.

I have to run, I will try to post some updates this year on the gophers and huskers to help people understand where those programs are. Maybe it'll give you an edge in a game or two.
          "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• What a story ANNY. I missed that. I'm with Homedog. You can still claim it was the sex. Just takes a while. Very jealous! Woke up for sex when wife gets home? Let me think.....................nope.

Thanks for story.
            “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Thanks for write-up also. I hope life allows time for some good season ones on Gophers and Huskers this year.
              “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
              X