Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 vikings. The highest scoring team in NFL history, at the time, take a knee with over 30 seconds left in the game, and timeouts. Kneel for OT and lose.
    "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Rams vs Panthers in the playoffs. Rams, under Martz, with Marshall Faulk are down 3, driving for what may be the winning touchdown, instead, with like 30 seconds left, and the ball around the 20 something, and with timeouts to burn, take a knee, kick a field goal, play for OT, and lose on a panther TD in OT. It made NO sense. Marshall Faulk was furious, as were anyone that had the Under, and the Rams. A touchdown on that drive would have been Rams and Under, instead fg, and panther TD in OT, meant a carolina cover, and OVER. No one takes a knee at the 20, with 2 timeouts and 30 seconds left, to kick a tying field goal. That's ridiiculous.
      "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Pittsburgh vs Tennessee playoff game. Tennesee is a 3.5 fav. UP 14. 4th Quarter. Eddie George hasn't fumbled in something like 400 consecutive carries, and he fumbles twice in the 4th quarter, inside his own 20 both times. Pittsburgh converts both into touchdowns to tie the game. In OT, tennessee is on the like the 6 yard line, and attempts a fg on like 1st down. They miss. But there is a penalty, so they now have it like the 3. No coach is going to stick his kicker back out there for another miss. They fucking hate kickers. But in this case, they run him right back out there on 1st down, and kick the game winner, but don't cover.

Comment

• Patriots Eagles Superbowl. Belicheck, inexplicably benches the best corner in the league, prior to the game, with no known reason. Eagles win the superbowl, and the game goes over.

Comment

• Tampa Bay vs Raiders. Raiders center doesn't show up for the superbowl. He's awol. Tampa wins superbowl.

Comment

• Giants playoff game vs Sanfran. Giants lead 38-14 in the 2nd half. Owens scores 3 touchdowns, and they make all three 2 point conversions. Meanwhile, the Giants long snapper, who hasn't had a bad long snap in 400 snaps, fucks up 2 of them in the 4th quarter. So they don't make either fg attempt. The 2nd one, there isn't time to kick, the holder throws the ball down near the goal line. The tight end, who released after the bad snap is mugged at the goal line. Clear and definite interference. No call. 49ers win.

Comment

• Saints Rams playoff game. Rams clear defensive interference, with 3 offficials staring right at it. no call. Rams advance.

Comment

• Dallas GB. Playoffs. No catch. I would argue, that it was a horrible QB decision to throw that ball, and it wasn't supposed to be caught. Dez caught it anyway. You have a 4th and 4 or 5, near the 40. You don't want to score with 3.5 minutes left, and leave a HOF GB qb, with that much time to go back down the field and beat you. Why not hit the wide open tight end 8 yards down the field? Nevertheless, by anyone's definitiion, other than the National Fix League, Dez Bryants catch is a catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1khK6is-Bfs&t=124s

Comment

• Tony Romo fcks up a hold against Seattle. It was the only one he ever botched.

Comment

• Glen Mason, former coach of the gophers, recited a story on local radio, about a time when he was talking to Joe Tiller with Purdue after a loss, to Brees. Joe told Glen, that Brees was so accurate, he hadn't thrown an incompletion in practice, in 3 weeks. You ever watch one of those games, where brees can't hit the broad side of a barn, and is throwing bounces passes left and right. In fact, it looked alot like Brady's game against the Rams, and Rodgers game against the 9ers. Kurt Warner was considered the most accurate passer in history, and once in a great while he'd be playing a game, where he couldn't hit a fucking school bus across the middle, 10 yards out. Brady a few years back, had one of those games against KC. He was missing guys by 10 yards. Everyone thought it was the beginning of the end for Brady, and then he went on to win the superbowl that year. It's ridiculous. That would be like Randy Johnson is suddenly throwing pitches into the dugout. A HOF QB, suddenly can't hit the broad side of a barn for a game. Pats lose to a 1 win miami team, when Brady throws 3 picks in the 2nd half? Teams that give up 8-9 sacks a game, 3 games in a row, and then the next team comes in with a defensive game plan that includes ZERO blitzes and soft coverage for the entire game. No one is that stupid. Watch the last 4 minutes of the Vikings detroit game this year. Cousins is not that stupid to snap the ball with 10 seconds on the clock, twice in a row, when everyone knows you need to drain clock. And Zimmer is supposed to be a defensive genius, and he's playing about as soft a defense alignment as you can possibly play. Didn't take any sideline routes away, and had his corners playing 15 yards off. He handed that TD to the lions on a silver platter. It's so blatantly obvious, but the sheep drink the coolaid, and don't want to believe it. it's WWF for the QBs and Kickers. Randy moss recognized it, that's why he had that statement, I play when I want to play. There's some plays I just take off. He knew it didn't matter. They got this sht fixed right down to the prop bets. That's why a guy like OBJ doesn't see the ball for half a season. Everyone keeps betting on his overs, and "they" just don't throw him the ball. Marvin Harrison one year, towards the end, wasn't getting the ball much in the first half of the season. When a reporter asked him about it, he said "I'm getting open", "They won't throw me the ball"... That's a curious answer. You would think he would say Peyton won't throw me the ball. Or He wont throw me the ball. NOT, "They won't throw me the ball". Adrian Peterson runs for 160 ish yards in the first half of a game against seattle, and then in the 2nd half gets 3 carri8es. We've seen those sorts of things all the time. Jamal Charles gets like 125 in the first half for KC, then gets unexplicably benched in the 2nd half. Why would the vikings start all of their starters, against the Bears, the last game of the season, when it's meanlingless, and they'd be better off losing? It's 1 oclock in the morning. If I don't quite writing, I'll still be giving examples at 5 am. I'm telling you, it's endless.

Ok, one more. Seattle Pats superbowl. Seattle has the ball inside the 10, in fact, they just ran the ball 4 yards, to the 1. The clock is running. It's 2nd down, there are about 50 seconds left. Coaching 101 is for the team that's on defense, to start burning timeouts, once the other team is inside the 10, if a score will give them the lead. You have to save time, for your team to have a chance to go back the other way for a score. Bellichic never fucks up time management. But he doesn't call timeout. It's not like seattle is going to run out of clock. They have a timeout or two as well. They only need about 12-16 seconds or less, to run 3 plays from the 1. Not burning your timeout with the 50 seconds left is insanely stupid. Tick tick tick, down to mid 20's. The insanity is only matched by Pete Carrrol, who has the best running back in football at the time, who just ran it from the 5, to the 1, in a situation where running the ball again, makes a ton of sense, inexplicably, and colossally FUCKING STUPID, calls for a slant pattern on 2nd down and goal from the 1. Which is promptly picked off. We learned later, that Bellichik practiced that exact play all week... you know, like it was scripted or something.

Comment

• Anny on Beast mode!
                        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzer View Post
                          Tuck Rule. We never heard of it before, never heard it again. I'm convinced they made it up on the spot, because they wanted the Patriots to advance. Years later, the rule quietly disappeared.
                          That was 100% fumble. Look at it 1 million times and you won't cee anything that indicates the beginning of a pass. Big if that was the only time it was called. I can cee cocking the ball back even if down low but Brady was just holding it and he fumbled. Vinatieri still had to make an impossible field goal in the Percy Snow. Can't script that unless you mess with the football.
                          Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Nothing is off the table. I think the technology is there to guide the football remotely during fg's and passes.
                            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Big Baller thinks we are Crazy Nancy.
                              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasy Cwissy View Post

That was 100% fumble. Look at it 1 million times and you won't cee anything that indicates the beginning of a pass. Big if that was the only time it was called. I can cee cocking the ball back even if down low but Brady was just holding it and he fumbled. Vinatieri still had to make an impossible field goal in the Percy Snow. Can't script that unless you mess with the football.
                                Charles Woodson had a sack, strip, and fumble recovery, all nullified, yeah, refs can puppetmaster any game they like.

-also, remember Bama/Georgia? They ruled the kid didn't have possesion (grey area?) when he threw the pass forward, ruled fumble, Bama gets the ball.
                                Brady did the exact same thing,last week, and it's ruled an incomplete pass.

-I don't believe in Santa Claus anymore, but I still believe these athletes and coaches make bone head plays and decisions, and there is no "scripted" "orchestrated" endings to these playoff games.
                                Those are some good examples though..

Comment

Working...
                                X