Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. Ky was the number one rated pass offense in college football going in to todays game, but their defense ranked 113th against the pass. An explosion of points was to be expected. Lets take a look at a couple other games today.

Eastern Mich ranks 110th against the run. Liberty should be able to run on them all day. When they get ahead, they are 5th against the pass, so E. Mich will have some trouble moving the sticks, if they are forced to be one dimensional. I think both teams will be motivated in this game. I regret a little bit putting 3 stars on liberty. I think they win the game, but 8.5 may prove to be too much. In afterthought, I recall Eastern Michigan playing very enthusiastic, energetic football in recent bowl games. I think their fans will travel, and they'll play well. It's hard to play the over, when most of the game will be played on the ground. Liberty has moved to 9.5. I'm hoping they can run thru EM like taco bell. I think Liberty scores about 35-38 points, EM something like 20-28.

We have a similar situation in Marshall / UL laf, as Marshall is 104th against the run. However gang green has the 12th rated passing attack, and may be able to match UL laf for a while. I expect UL to own time of possession. I also have 3 stars on UL Laf, I'm alittle worried about a backdoor cover, where marshall gets within 1-4, and UL Laf is just content to grind out the clock for the win. I'm hoping for more taco bell, this one in New Orleans is damn near a home game for UL Laf. I have enjoyed watching them play in recent bowl games. They play fast and furious.

Utah St vs the Beavers. Neither team is particularly good against the run. Utah St has a pretty prolific passing game (15th in the country). Both teams can score points. I expect this one to be a shootout, with one team or the other or both putting up 40 points. I like the over 68 in this one. I think 45-38 is in the ball park. I'm not sure why I didn't take USU and the touchdown for the contest. Maybe because their coach is 1-4 ATS the last 5 bowl games. Elevation may come into play. USU plays at 4500 ft in Logan, and they'll be at sea level in this one. You might see some heavy legs late. I think Utah St getting td is worth a shot. You'll be happy when it goes OT.
    "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Alabama was easy money today. Cincy didn’t play anybody, except an average Notre Dame team. Nice story. The End.

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

• Easy money on the ml. Points still not quite 100%.
        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Now it is. Grade it, Anny.
          Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Originally posted by Futures Cwissy View Post
            Easy money on the ml. Points still not quite 100%.
            You think -13 isn’t a lock at this point?

Pappy

Comment

• Most everyone wants to expand the playoff to eight or twelve teams and this year we had three teams!

Pappy

Comment

• Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post

You think -13 isn’t a lock at this point?
                Touchdown and either 2 points or onsides recovery. These aren't hypotheticals. I have lost in this spot more times than I can not remember.
                Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• If Michigan can beat Georgia and Alabama they deserve to be national champions. I’ll believe it when I see it. They might be GA because GA is over-rated. But I can’t see them beating both.

Pappy

Comment

Most everyone wants to expand the playoff to eight or twelve teams and this year we had three teams!
                    No kidding. I don't know what makes people keep thinking that these minor conference teams have a shot against the SEC. There were at least 3 SEC teams that belonged in the top 4 more than Cincy.

Comment

• Originally posted by homedog View Post

No kidding. I don't know what makes people keep thinking that these minor conference teams have a shot against the SEC. There were at least 3 SEC teams that belonged in the top 4 more than Cincy.
                      Well it’s an all SEC final. “Grade it Anny.” At this point they should just make the SEC championship game the national championship game.

Pappy

Comment

Most everyone wants to expand the playoff to eight or twelve teams and this year we had three teams!
                        I apologize for this inaccurate comment.. edit: this year we had two teams!

Pappy

Comment

• Probably end up being 1 when Alabama rolls Georgia again. They were a play away multiple times from not making the playoff.
                          Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Well it’s an all SEC final. “Grade it Anny.” At this point they should just make the SEC championship game the national championship game.
                            Exactly my thoughts. These Yankees don't have a prayer. The talent is so much less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futures Cwissy View Post
                              Big 10 is about to get their shit pushed in. They have to pray the SEC also folds and I don't think they will.
                              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• That was the Lisa Page 1. I should have stayed on this script along with Notre Dame being a lie.
                                Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Working...
                                X