Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been hoping for the revival of the Nebraska program. They have been playing with lots of passion. They could have beaten both OU and Mich st, but kept stubbing their toe, particularly on special teams. A poor punt cost them the Mich St game. Their special teams have cost them all 3 of their losses. Their fg kicking has been a coin flip, regardless of the distance, and their punting has been awful. Well, there's one way to solve that: score td's every time you have the ball. Nebraska was 5 of 6 on their drives in the first half today, and the other one they went for it on 4th and 5, near mid field. I think frost was sending a message to his punters. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't punt on 4th and short, anywhere on the field. Nebraska is hungry and pissed, and it's clear they're taking it out on NW. Nebraska had scored 10 points, in the first quarter, in their previous 5 games. Today they scored 21 in the first quarter. 14 in the first 5 minutes. Pissed off swarm of bees, and Frost was going to chew on them at half time, because he thought they should have played better. It's 35-7, and frost isn't happy. Maybe there is still a chance for this program. I'm looking forward to the MIchigan Game next week, should be fun!
    "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Baller View Post
      Nice work so far Analyzer.

-It's too bad that you ,( or maybe Brian Edwards?), could hook you up with a gig, breaking down games, that's your true calling, and would be better than your stressful job.
      Make same amount of dough, but no travel, enjoy family, Ref some football, boss some broomball, and throw some meatballs on the softball mound.. and Icefish.
      I'd love to make a living breaking down college football. I'd be better if I spent 40 hours doing it. It would be alot easier to stay on top of Key Injuries etc. Today, was up and down. I was stupid to fade the best team in college football (Ga). I probably should have known better than fade the huskers too. I knew they were a pissed off bunch, and hungry for a win. Frost has them headed in the right direction. The biggest difference today was offensive line protection. Given time, Martinez can hurt you. They key against Martinez, is to play man, and bring the house. He's not good with a quick release. He doesn't think fast enough or something. That hesitation causes alot of sacks. He squirms out of alot of jams, and breaks big plays, but he just doesn't have a quick trigger. I guess he kinda reminds me of randall cunningham in that way. Randall was a big strong QB, who could hurt you if he got out of the pocket, but his big loopy windup caused a fair amount of strip sacks. It cost them one in the 98 championship game.

https://youtu.be/xThMN7bT-ts?t=3222
      "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Nebraska has been horrible kicking field goals, and punting. Do you know how you resolve that? Do neither. The huskers didn't attempt any field goals. They didn't have to. And they only punted once, and it was 84 yards LOL. That's not a typo. From a life long, die-hard, red blooded Husker fan, it was so refreshing to watch them put it all together tonight. Huskers have quietly covered 5 strt. Looking forward, I guess if you want to cap how the Huskers are going to do, look at the opponents pass rush. If they can bring the heat, it will be tough on AM. If they can't, take the Huskers. I didn't see NW blitz at all tonight. Not sure how they could watch 5 games of film, and not figure out you need to pressure AM.

Comment

• Browns -1
          Have fun at the game Anny!

Comment

• 2 TEAM NFL/MIX TEASER
            [265] CHIEFS (KC) -½-115 (B+6)
            [273] RAVENS (BAL) +5-110 (B+6)

Comment

• Originally posted by clevfan View Post
              Browns -1
              Have fun at the game Anny!
              Good call Clev. Vikings typically go like 6-2 at home, but they always have one of those absolute clunkers where they just crap the bed. a few years back, they were 17 point favorites over a mediocre Buffalo team, and lost like 27-7. Last year, they went into Indianapolis, and lost something like 26-3. Curt has these games, where he just makes short dump offs. Even on 3rd and 7, he'll throw a 2 or 4 yard out. It's so frustrating to watch. The running game wasn't there, and the queens refused to throw the ball down the field for much of the game. They didn't use the middle 3rd hardly at all. They hit Theilen near the end in the mid range middle third, but otherwise didn't throw anything in the middle of the field all game. It's so hard to watch. I'm at the game, so I can see receivers running open, and Kurt just holds the ball, and takes a sack. I know Cleveland only scored 14, but if Baker had played well at all, it would have been 31-7. He was missing wide open guys.

This is just another game where I have to scratch my head, and think outcomes are orchestrated. Cleveland has the ball on the 6, down 7-0, 4th and 4, and decides to go for it, instead of kicking the field goal. Vikings have the ball on the cleveland 36, 4th and 6, and elect to go for it, instead of kicking a 53 yard field goal. I watched Joseph in warm ups, he has a 53 yard leg.

So many strange callls and non calls. Late in the half, browns get an intentional grounding. Then they do it again, and no call. It should have been another intentional grounding, and the refs didn't call it. Then they run for 25 yards on 3rd and 20, and have two egregious holds, and no call. Then the browns catch a ball at the boundary, get knocked out of bounds, drop the ball, and there is no review. Browns on 4th and goal from the 2, throw an incompletion, and get a ticky tac def holding call, and new set of downs. That entire possession, it was like the officials orchestrated a touchdown for the browns. 3 things that should have been called, and one that shouldn't, and they all went against the purple. Vikings get called for an offensive pass interference on a very minor push off, but when OBJ does it, there's no call. Theilen gets mugged in the endzone at the end, and there's no call.

Baker is missing guys a highschool QB could complete. Cousins is holding the ball way longer than normal. The vikings are calling a very conservative game. The officials are making weird calls and non-calls. It's like they wanted a low scoring ugly game, and painted the picture the way they wanted it.

It was an awful game to be at. I hate those types of games, and it's the reason I have lost interest in the NFL. I often just ref games, or go golfing now. I only went to the game to make the wife happy, and I pick a garbage game like that to go to. I just want to be entertained, and I have to watch an orchestrated Under. It's so painful.

Comment

• I got out of the house to watch my kid's soccer game, when I got home, I found this beauty.
                Called RaiderCurt, he said he has money on Bucs too, so I'm letting it go, unless I need a late Live Parachute to eek out half.

PARLAY (5 TEAMS)
                [273] RAVENS (BAL) PK-110
                [276] PACKERS (GB) -6-120
                [277] BUCCANEERS (TB) -6½-120
                [954] GIANTS (SF) -1½-115
                ( R KNEHR -R / L WEBB -R )
                [959] BREWERS (MIL) o8½-115
                ( B ANDERSON -L / W BUEHLER -R )

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  Like these QB's to win. Teased em.
                  Oct 03 NFL [276] GREEN BAY PACKERS PK-110 (B+6½)
                  Oct 03 NFL [277] TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS -½-105 (B+6½)
                  Wow. Congrats to all the winners. Baller killed it and we know Clevfan is happy.

I made one mistake. I was betting QB"s. Picked Rodgers and Baller laid the 6 and I said I should add that to my sheet for year. DAMN!!!

What a game. I just knew he would pull it out. If Brown makes that catch he normally makes would of been over anyway. But we got some excitement down to the end.

DOINK!!!!!!
                  Last edited by stevo; 10-04-2021, 12:06 AM.
                  “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• And MAC is going to be a very good QB. What pressure.
                    “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Damn, I knew he wouldn't lose, but late, I also knew he wasn't gonna cover. That would've been a nice hit, but I dredged out 25% when NE went up late.
                      -Anyone see Belichump punk Brady after the game? Every other Patriot Player, Trainer, Coach, and ball boy, stood in a single file line, in the rain to talk to, and congratulate him.
                      He smiled and talked to them all, Belichump went up, turned his head, no eye contact, and walked away..
                      We saw it later, on replay, and I said maybe he said, "I'll call you Later" very quickly, before he turned away. My wife, who doesn't watch sports, but was watching with me said "looked like he didn't want to cry"

icket #: 163158530
                      Oct 03 08:37 PM
                      NFL STRAIGHT BET
                      [9277] LW-BUCCANEERS (TB) -140
                      0 WIN
                      WIN

Comment

• OMG, picked up kid from practice, missed first quarter,,
                        Fuck,
                        We dont give up, i got a couple Live numbers, but I've liked Herbert since game one of his rookie year, has he played ever since, stud, 6'6", great touch on his throws, gonna be a good second half, I would put Jacobs on the bench, save him for later, we're gonna throw the ball, hopefully deep.

Comment

• And Stevo, your Cardinals are legit.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, that one hurt, my Steelers friend, after I shamed him, said my team has been irrelevant for 30 years..
                            I googled, maybe only 20 years? I was at Oakland last game they advanced, my boss at that time, I told him I've never been to a Raiders game where we lost, So, he bought me tickets, and we won, every time.
                            Love that guy, his wife was super cool.

Comment

• OK- I'll take all comers in next series with Giants.
                              Loser pays for Bowl Contest, or am open for other options.
                              Cwissy, lets go

Comment

• Ticket Number: 163196055
                                Oct 0505:08 PM
                                INTERNET / -1 Oct 0410:27 PM MLB STRAIGHT BET
                                [938] RED SOX (BOS) +115
                                ( ACTION )

Comment

Working...
                                X