X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder Cup was awesome!

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

• The wife and I are going to the Vikings Browns game this week. Hoping for a good, exciting game.
      "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• For those of you 2nd half bettors, or live bettors, here is a stat that I thought was interesting, and perhaps something to keep in mind. The Gophers, under P J Fleck, are 0-17 when trailing at halftime.
        "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• How is your heart doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzer View Post
            For those of you 2nd half bettors, or live bettors, here is a stat that I thought was interesting, and perhaps something to keep in mind. The Gophers, under P J Fleck, are 0-17 when trailing at halftime.
            Wow

Comment

The wife and I are going to the Vikings Browns game this week. Hoping for a good, exciting game.
              Have fun! I haven’t made a decision on the game yet….what do you think about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by homedog View Post
                How is your heart doing?
                Seems fine. Thank you for asking. Got through a bout of Covid last April. That kicked my butt for a couple weeks, and was extra tired for another week, but otherwise good. I need to hit the treadmill, but my knee has been barking at me, and I broke a toe pitching in our championship softball game (hot comebacker), so I haven't been able to exercise as much as I need to. I'm reffing football, so that gets me out a little. My job is so stressful, I worry about the toll on the ticker. The Vikings, Gophers, and Huskers aren't helping much in that regard. Too many close games. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by clevfan View Post

Have fun! I haven’t made a decision on the game yet….what do you think about it?
                  I don't have a feel for it yet. I was certain the vikings would lose the opener to Cinci. Didn't really know how these last two weeks would go. Was pleasantly surprised we beat Seattle. We never beat Seattle. I think we were 0 for Wilson until this past week. I think we had lost to them 7 strt times. I recall one year, I had Sean Alexander on my fantasy team. I was down 35 points in a basic scoring league. No bonus points for yards at all. All I had left was Alexander, going into a Monday night game against the Vikings. He scored 5 times in the first half!!! I was like "holy shit", I have a chance to win! Sean had 2 more cracks at the goal line, on the first possession of the 3rd quarter, and then they benched him. So I lost. But it was crazy to have a chance.

The vikings offense has looked good the last two weeks, if you don't count a whole bunch of false starts in Arizona, but their defense has been a little suspect. We have no depth. Bashad Breeland grades out at like the 99th rated corner. He's vulnerable. Vikings are tough at home. I would think the Browns will be able to run effectively. I don't usually have a good feel until game day. I'm not great at picking NFL games. Sadly, I still think outcomes are orchestrated.

Comment

Seems fine. Thank you for asking. Got through a bout of Covid last April. That kicked my butt for a couple weeks, and was extra tired for another week, but otherwise good. I need to hit the treadmill, but my knee has been barking at me, and I broke a toe pitching in our championship softball game (hot comebacker), so I haven't been able to exercise as much as I need to. I'm reffing football, so that gets me out a little. My job is so stressful, I worry about the toll on the ticker. The Vikings, Gophers, and Huskers aren't helping much in that regard. Too many close games. LOL.
                    I’m glad you’re doing better

Comment

• Like these QB's to win. Teased em.

Oct 03 NFL [276] GREEN BAY PACKERS PK-110 (B+6½)
                      Oct 03 NFL [277] TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS -½-105 (B+6½)
                      “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• I'm sorry I missed the Iowa game Friday night. Iowa is a very good football team. Their defense is the real deal. They will win the big10 west, and maybe the big10 championship as well. I think they are the best team in the big10 right now. The way Nebraska's defense is improving, when those two play each other, the final might be 9-6.

Here goes nothing:

Arkansas 1h +10. I think GA will eventually pull away, but two pretty good defenses here. GA might be a little offensively challenged early.

Ark/GA 1h U25 1/2. 14-10, 14-6 sounds about right.

Mich +2 This isn't so much an endorsement of Michigan, I just think Wisconsin hasn't figured things out this year, and are a work in progress. Confidence is likely down. They outplayed Penn St, but couldn't get it done in the red zone. I'll take the points, and take my chances. Normally, I don't like to bet the road team in Madison, but their cracks are showing in the foundation.

Charlotte +10 1/2 Charlotte's run defense is really bad. Illinois should be able to run all day. However, Bielema may have already lost this team. They got 23 gift points from the Huskers, or they'd be winless. This isn't a Charlotte play, as much as I have zero confidence illinois can win another game.

Charlotte ML +325 (small)

KSU +12. Kstate has beaten OU a couple times in recent history, with far less talented teams than OU. Spencer Rattler is struggling. I think his confidence is down right now. This Kstate squad is nothing special, but OU is struggling offensively. I think the Wildcats hang around. They may never trail the spread. I think OU should really be ranked about 15th-20th.

KSU ML +345 (small) Keep it small. OU probably wins this game, but needs a drive late to get it done.

Cuse +185. You may see a pattern here. I'm picking on teams that don't have "it". FSU is o-fer 2021, and it may continue here. Cuse isnt very good. FSU is really bad. Another team that may have already packed their bags, and we're only 5 weeks in. There's no value, in taking the points. FSU either wins by 10, or loses by 10. It just depends on whether they've quit or not.

Miss St +7. Miss St lost 3 games last year by 3 or less, they got beat at Memphis by a weird special teams touchdown. The remind me a bit of Nebraska. They have some talent, but stub their toe. Texas A/M is fraudulent. I'm taking too many road teams today, but I kinda like Miss St to keep it close.

NW +11. This one is a little scary. This Nebraska team has the talent to beat anyone in the big 10, except maybe Iowa. They held Mich St without a first down in the 2nd half. Although some of that was on the MSU QB, he was not sharp. I'm taking NW, because if you look at the series between these two teams, it's been right down to the wire nearly every year, and NW has come out on top more often than not. Frost gets outcoached alot. Veteran coaches like Fitzgerald, and Ferentz eat Frost like a fat kid love cake. Mel Tucker looked at film of the Nebraska special teams, and had a play on for a punt return, with two guys back, one as a decoy on the right hand side of the field, and the other as the real return man, on the left side of the field, because he knew the Huskers had a propensity to shank punts to the left, and they magically fell right into his hands. Even a relative rookie like Mel Tucker, is 2-0 against Frosted Flakes. He beat him in OT in Colorado, and now Mich St. There are holes in Nebraska's special teams, and fitzgerald will expose it. He knows, all he has to do, is play conservative, punt well, and play field position, and eventually the Huskers will beat themselves. These Huskers have the potential to be very good, but they haven't figured out how to win, and are gripping. In 1984, the Twins had a chance to win their conference with 3 games left in the season. However, on Friday night, they blew a 10-0 lead to Cleveland, and ended up getting swept. Late in that game against Cleveland, they were nursing a 10-7 lead, and Gary Gaetti, threw poorly to first base. It allowed a run to score, and then they hit a home run to tie. Later, when asked about the throw, Gaetti said "It's hard to throw the ball, with your hands wrapped around your throat". It was a great self-depricating line. The Huskers were very fired up to beat Mich st last weekend, but choked it away with that punt return, and a pick in OT. They have this sub-conscious feeling, that something is going to go wrong, and their going to lose...."How are we going to lose this one". On paper, they should beat NW 38-13, but this is like the Twins in the playoffs, who have lost something like 19 straight playoff games. It's hard to play well, when you're tight. Frost hasn't figured out, how to loosen up his team. If Nebraska scores early, they may blow out NW, but I Have faith that Fitzgerald will out scheme Frost, and have his kids ready to play, and suspect it's going to be much like these:

Nebraska scores on the left

2011 25-28 Loss
                        2012 29-28 Neb won on a hail mary
                        2013 27-24 win
                        2014 32-17 win
                        2015 28-30 loss
                        2016 13-24 loss
                        2017 24-31 loss
                        2018 31-34 loss in OT
                        2019 13-10 win
                        2020 13-21 loss

You can see why I'm interested in taking the 11 points. Nebraska is definitely improving. But while Adrian Martinez is a very tough runner, and slippery in the pocket, he's an average passer at best, and doesn't have that "It" factor late in games. He just can't seem to get it done in crunch time, when the team is leaning on him, and all the pressure is on. The team as a whole is that way. Im going to the Nebraska Mich game next weekend, and was hoping the Huskers might win at East Lansing, and again vs NW, so they'd have some momentum going into the Michigan game. It's a 6:30 pm start, on ABC, and may be college game day. I think that depends on whether the Huskers get by NW, and MIch can hold serve against the Badgers. It's home coming weekend for the Huskers this weekend. They might be partying too much, and might be looking ahead to Michigan. You sure wouldn't think they'd look past anyone, but they've never been able to figure out NW. I think it's coaching. Pat Fitzgerald is just a better coach.

Nebraska has been playing very good defense, but their offense has struggled, especially in the red zone. They've missed a number of field goals this year as well. I'll take my chances that this game starts slow:

Neb/NW 1h U26

Comment

• Packers -6-110

Comment

• Nice work so far Analyzer.

-It's too bad that you ,( or maybe Brian Edwards?), could hook you up with a gig, breaking down games, that's your true calling, and would be better than your stressful job.
                            Make same amount of dough, but no travel, enjoy family, Ref some football, boss some broomball, and throw some meatballs on the softball mound.. and Icefish.

Comment

For those of you 2nd half bettors, or live bettors, here is a stat that I thought was interesting, and perhaps something to keep in mind. The Gophers, under P J Fleck, are 0-17 when trailing at halftime.
                              It's funny how posting statistics works. You find a trend, and post it, and it takes ONE game to end it. How long has PJ been a head coach in Minny 4 years? 5? I post an 0-17 stat, and the next game, it ends. I almost posted before the Bowling Green game, that PJ had won 21 straight non-conf games. That ended tool.

Comment

Cuse +185. You may see a pattern here. I'm picking on teams that don't have "it". FSU is o-fer 2021, and it may continue here. Cuse isnt very good. FSU is really bad. Another team that may have already packed their bags, and we're only 5 weeks in. There's no value, in taking the points. FSU either wins by 10, or loses by 10. It just depends on whether they've quit or not.
                                ummm, lets see, Cuse lost by 3, I think there was value in taking the points. I guess FSU still wanted to win a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X