Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPORTS PICKS AND DISCUSSION!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So I watched the entire Neb OU game again. This is my take. OU is not the #3 team in the country. I don't even think they are a top 10 team. Iowa would smoke them. Recent power rankings had nebraska as the worst team in the big10. I don't know about that, but they're in the bottom half, and they played OU even. It was 7-3 OU in the 3rd quarter, and nebraska had missed 2 field goals that would have made it 7-6, or 7-9. The 2nd one was 35 yards. You don't play football in a vacuum. The defense gets an emotional lift, when the offense scores, and has a bit of a let down, when they shank a 35yard fg. That led to a long sooner drive and a 14-3 lead. Nebraska drives right down for a TD, but instead of getting a big emotional lift, they have the extra point blocked, and returned 100 yards to the house. So instead of 14-10, and your defense is jacked up, it's 16-9, and somehow the sooners get a momentum burst out of it. That leads to a 23-9 lead. Huskers drive right back down and make it 23-16, but the sooners are able to run out the clock. The huskers missed 2 fg's, had 8 penalties by their offensive line, and had an extra point blocked for a 3 point swing. The Huskers played well on defense, but their sloppy offensive penalties took them out of drives, and their special teams cost them the game. Until the Huskers get that figured out, they will continue to lose close winnable games. They are just too damn sloppy. And that Sooner team would finish 4th or 5th in the big ten east, and wouldn't beat half the teams in the SEC. They are fortunate they are not in the SEC this year, they'd be lucky to win 2 or 3 conf games. Of course they'd probably get to play texas, so that would be 1 win. I think they should make a conference with FSU, Miami, Texas, USC, Nebraska, and MIchigan. Someone would have to win it. I had to watch the Queens miss a potential game winning fg against the Cards today. It's tough being a viking, gopher and husker fan. They all seem to self-implode on a regular basis.
    "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

    Comment


    • It amazes me the state of University of Tennessee football program. Poor coaching hires since Kiffin left in 2009. I mean they suck. No sign of getting better. Current coach will be bought out in 3 seasons. Vicious cycle.

      Pappy

      ~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.


      Comment


      • Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post
        It amazes me the state of University of Tennessee football program. Poor coaching hires since Kiffin left in 2009. I mean they suck. No sign of getting better. Current coach will be bought out in 3 seasons. Vicious cycle.
        Ok, ok, as a former national champion, with a tremendous pedigree, you can join the new has-beens conference with FSU, Miami, Texas, USC, Nebraska, and Michigan... Just remember our motto: "Someone has to win".

        It's really sad how far some of these once proud programs, have fallen. FSU lost to Deion Sanders Co Rec a week ago. I can't hardly stomach watching the huskers. It's soooo bad. 8 penalties by their offensive line on Saturday against the sooners. Cam Jurgens took 2 separate 15 yarders for hitting after the whistle. There is no discipline.

        I recall the #2 huskers, under osborne, playing #7 ranked Buffalos in 1995.It was Ahman Greens freshman year. Osborne had the first play from scrimmage all drawn up, and was so confident in his blocking scheme that he was convinced they would score on the first play from scrimmage. Sure enough Ahman Green housed a well blocked option play on their first play, and the Huskers went on to win something like 42-21. Win or lose, Tom's teams almost always played very disciplined ball. There was another time when Colorado was in the top 5, and the Huskers were a little bit farther down the rankings. Very early 90's I think, maybe pre-frazier. I think the Buffs may have had Kordell Stewart, MIchael Westbrook, maybe Rashaan Salaam, something like that. Either way, the Huskers played a perfect game. No penalties, No turnovers, on their way to a 24-7 domination of a better team. The Huskers are so polar opposite of those days. The last few years, we've looked like a bad High School JV team. It's so bad. Osborne coached what, 25 years? In the past 25 since he left, we've had 5 coaches and the carousel may continue this year, when Frost only wins about 2 conference games. It's not fun to watch, they are becoming KU north, or Wyoming East, and the only thing that separates them for now, is the size of the crowd. The Husker faithful, just want to see well played, competitive football. And stop watching blowout after blowout against quality competition in the big 10. I don't think the Huskers have played a single game, under Frost, where they would grade out well in all 3 phases. Something always breaks down, if not in all 3.
        "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by analyzer View Post

          Ok, ok, as a former national champion, with a tremendous pedigree, you can join the new has-beens conference with FSU, Miami, Texas, USC, Nebraska, and Michigan... Just remember our motto: "Someone has to win".

          It's really sad how far some of these once proud programs, have fallen. FSU lost to Deion Sanders Co Rec a week ago. I can't hardly stomach watching the huskers. It's soooo bad. 8 penalties by their offensive line on Saturday against the sooners. Cam Jurgens took 2 separate 15 yarders for hitting after the whistle. There is no discipline.

          I recall the #2 huskers, under osborne, playing #7 ranked Buffalos in 1995.It was Ahman Greens freshman year. Osborne had the first play from scrimmage all drawn up, and was so confident in his blocking scheme that he was convinced they would score on the first play from scrimmage. Sure enough Ahman Green housed a well blocked option play on their first play, and the Huskers went on to win something like 42-21. Win or lose, Tom's teams almost always played very disciplined ball. There was another time when Colorado was in the top 5, and the Huskers were a little bit farther down the rankings. Very early 90's I think, maybe pre-frazier. I think the Buffs may have had Kordell Stewart, MIchael Westbrook, maybe Rashaan Salaam, something like that. Either way, the Huskers played a perfect game. No penalties, No turnovers, on their way to a 24-7 domination of a better team. The Huskers are so polar opposite of those days. The last few years, we've looked like a bad High School JV team. It's so bad. Osborne coached what, 25 years? In the past 25 since he left, we've had 5 coaches and the carousel may continue this year, when Frost only wins about 2 conference games. It's not fun to watch, they are becoming KU north, or Wyoming East, and the only thing that separates them for now, is the size of the crowd. The Husker faithful, just want to see well played, competitive football. And stop watching blowout after blowout against quality competition in the big 10. I don't think the Huskers have played a single game, under Frost, where they would grade out well in all 3 phases. Something always breaks down, if not in all 3.
          Same.. 90,000+ watching a really bad team...

          Pappy

          ~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.


          Comment


          • Looking forward to watching the United States take on the rest of the world.. Ryder Cup.. they should probably divide the world in half and make it more even.. but the U.S. can still win if they play well.

            Pappy

            ~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.


            Comment


            • 2 TEAM NFL/MIX TEASER
              [301] PANTHERS (CAR) -2-110 (B+6)
              [488] RAIDERS (LV) +2-105 (B+6)

              Love the Raiders at home this Sunday, gonna pound it straight too, at -3.5 now

              Comment


              • I like the Browns -7.5 this week. Should be fun game to watch with Ohio St fan favorite Justin Fields starting for the Bears

                Comment


                • I like that you're backing your team, i think you got this, Clev..

                  wanna hear a funny story??

                  My daughter, 13, 8th grade, love her, pretty sure she loves me more than her mom.. (if you have kids, you know what I'm tallking about)
                  -tells me her friends are coming over at 5:30-6:00,, kinda early for Cali, especially for Movie Night, IMO.

                  -I had the day off , I clean their movie room, her friends are on her soccer team, so I say "what's up?

                  -Stevo- I start to tell them that I Have a Internet service for TV.. her friend says: "is this some thing??" , I just look at her.. she says, we have the same thing, I know how to run this remote.

                  -Delete after reading-
                  Last edited by stevo; 09-25-2021, 03:20 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Big Baller View Post
                    I like that you're backing your team, i think you got this, Clev..

                    wanna hear a funny story??

                    My daughter, 13, 8th grade, love her, pretty sure she loves me more than her mom.. (if you have kids, you know what I'm tallking about)
                    -tells me her friends are coming over at 5:30-6:00,, kinda early for Cali, especially for Movie Night, IMO.

                    -I had the day off , I clean their movie room, her friends are on her soccer team, so I say "what's up?

                    -Stevo- I start to tell them that I Have a Internet service for TV.. her friend says: "is this some thing??" , I just look at her.. she says, we have the same thing, I know how to run this remote.

                    -Delete after reading-
                    Haha
                    Last edited by stevo; 09-25-2021, 03:21 PM.

                    Comment


                    • LMAO. That saved you some time Baller. It's always a little tough till you get it down because different apps mean different things on remote at times as you know.

                      That's hilarious. My wife took about a week and she was good.

                      "is this some ,,,,,,,,,,,,, thing?
                      Truly a LOL


                      I removed the word you don't want in there from posts Baller.
                      Last edited by stevo; 09-25-2021, 03:22 PM.
                      “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

                      Comment


                      • Oh. I think I'll go with Cleve on her Brownies for some fun.

                        I like Baker. They were not using him right in commercials at first then got them down. He could be another Peyton commercial wise by end of career. The lightbulb one is my favorite.
                        “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

                        Comment


                        • Wow, that NCState win was a good one, after their chump kicker hooked all 3 kicks, glad they pulled it out, they were the better team all day, time of possesion and total plays dominance.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by clevfan View Post
                            I like the Browns -7.5 this week. Should be fun game to watch with Ohio St fan favorite Justin Fields starting for the Bears
                            Nice call and thank you Brownies!!
                            “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

                            Comment


                            • Good job, clev

                              Comment


                              • Woof woof

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X