Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You gotta fight, clevfan. For your right, stevo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
    On Oct 19th last election Trump was around 12% chance to win.

Trump chances today put at around 13% and seems to be getting some mojo back.

I just don't think we are going to know election night. I've listened to 5 educated people talk about it and they claim we may not know for 2 weeks.

My memory may be bad but I can remember 4 years ago. Just afraid this is going to be a mess.

I guess the fun is finding out.

The big difference this time is that there were so many undecided voters who already voted and the only reason I could see them lining up early is to get rid of Trump. Also Trump did well with suburban women last time but it appears from polls he trails by almost 30% in that demographic this time and he desperately needs them in states like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
    Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

• One of 3 things will happen on Nov 3rd

1- Trump will somehow win and there will be rioting on the streets in large urban centers

2- Biden will win marginally, Trump will claim it was rigged and that will cause rioting in the streets in most places

3- Biden will blow Trump away, Trump will reluctantly concede and there will be rioting in most rural places.

Either way there's gonna be some fightin
      Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

• If it is very close in one or more swing states that impact the electoral winner, whichever one loses won't concede and the legal teams that both have prepped will get busy. It could be hanging chads all over again. Neither candidate will concede if it's that close.

I still think Trump wins. I base that solely on three things: 1) The fact the polls were way off last time. 2) Tens of thousands of people are showing up everywhere (all swing states) Trump goes and Biden doesn't even fill all 10-20 reserved circles they show when he speaks. 3) I still contend a lot of people in the middle and a lot of soft democrats will say they are voting for Biden (both public and if polled) and walk into the privacy of the booth and vote for Trump. BUT, what do I know. Maybe I'm clueless.

If Biden wins I will not be one bit surprised. Trump may just have way too much to overcome with COVID, our liberal media, social media, and yes his own mouth.

I'll be behind whoever wins and hope for the best for my country. I am really ready for it to be over.

Pappy

~ Do more for others than you do for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by KoolPappy View Post
          2) Tens of thousands of people are showing up everywhere (all swing states) Trump goes and Biden doesn't even fill all 10-20 reserved circles they show when he speaks.
          Ever consider that's because Trump didn't limit crowds whereas Biden had a limit on attendees for any gatherings? That said, I don't think the rallies sway any voters whatever the party - just help solidify the base.
          Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

...2) Tens of thousands of people are showing up everywhere (all swing states) Trump goes and Biden doesn't even fill all 10-20 reserved circles they show when he speaks.
            Ever consider that a lot of them could be the same people traveling from rally to rally?

Older article here, but stil fact...doubt things changed since.
            https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-kin...ds-11567762200

"...The 64-year-old retiree, who prefers sparkly nail polish, leopard prints and selfies with Trump campaign officials, is almost always one of the first few people in line at the president’s campaign events, part of the self-described group of “Front Row Joes” who routinely travel to see the president perform. Several, like Ms. DePiero, have attended more than 50 Trump rallies...."
            "Elections are not decided by those who vote but by those who count the votes"

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post

Ever consider that a lot of them could be the same people traveling from rally to rally?

Older article here, but stil fact...doubt things changed since.
              https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-kin...ds-11567762200

"...The 64-year-old retiree, who prefers sparkly nail polish, leopard prints and selfies with Trump campaign officials, is almost always one of the first few people in line at the president’s campaign events, part of the self-described group of “Front Row Joes” who routinely travel to see the president perform. Several, like Ms. DePiero, have attended more than 50 Trump rallies...."
              Absolutely. I'm sure there are some. Not 10,000+ but some for sure. Riding around in their RV's. I don't think the same ones are in Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Arizona, Pennsylvania on consecutive days. They are like the "roadies" back in the day with the 80's rock bands!
              Last edited by KoolPappy; 10-20-2020, 08:10 AM.

Pappy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hartley View Post

Ever consider that's because Trump didn't limit crowds whereas Biden had a limit on attendees for any gatherings? That said, I don't think the rallies sway any voters whatever the party - just help solidify the base.
                No shot. Kamala had an event yesterday in an open air hangar. They had 50 chairs scattered around and there were perhaps 6-8 people there. Biden has had events with designated circles and chairs and no one is in them. Or, they have an event and never pan to show the audience or lack there of. Even if they do limit in the event, no one lines up at the airport for his plane to arrive. No one lines up at the event outside with signs. Why is that? There is a clear and obvious difference that's not because of masks.

Now it may be that most people voting for Biden are not excited about Biden. His voters are either hardcore Democrats that would vote for anyone on the ticket, or people that are voting against Trump. But there is very little to no excitement for Biden.

Pappy

Comment

• Cwissy, when is the October surprise coming? Biden may be at 290.

Pappy

Comment

• Serious question: All of Trump's kids are out on the campaign trail supporting Donald. Why isn't Hunter out on the trail stumping for Joe?

Pappy

Comment

Serious question: All of Trump's kids are out on the campaign trail supporting Donald. Why isn't Hunter out on the trail stumping for Joe?
                      I wish none of them were out campaigning for either.
                      Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

Cwissy, when is the October surprise coming? Biden may be at 290.
                        Tomorrow when Quo drops.
                        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

No shot. Kamala had an event yesterday in an open air hangar. They had 50 chairs scattered around and there were perhaps 6-8 people there. Biden has had events with designated circles and chairs and no one is in them. Or, they have an event and never pan to show the audience or lack there of. Even if they do limit in the event, no one lines up at the airport for his plane to arrive. No one lines up at the event outside with signs. Why is that? There is a clear and obvious difference that's not because of masks.

Now it may be that most people voting for Biden are not excited about Biden. His voters are either hardcore Democrats that would vote for anyone on the ticket, or people that are voting against Trump. But there is very little to no excitement for Biden.
                          I was reading that a lot of these events are drive in events and most people just prefer to watch from their cars. I did see a picture of a Biden rally where there were hundreds of cars in the parking lot filled with people.
                          Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

• Now it may be that most people voting for Biden are not excited about Biden. His voters are either hardcore Democrats that would vote for anyone on the ticket, or people that are voting against Trump. But there is very little to no excitement for Biden.
                            If you're trying to say that Trump is more lively, though provoking and controversial than Biden, you won't get any arguments from me.

On a different note, why is Trump still using the tag line Make America Great Again? He's been president for 4 years. Doesn't that tag line imply that he fucked things up the last 4 years?
                            Writer extraordinaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hartley View Post

If you're trying to say that Trump is more lively, though provoking and controversial than Biden, you won't get any arguments from me.

On a different note, why is Trump still using the tag line Make America Great Again? He's been president for 4 years. Doesn't that tag line imply that he fucked things up the last 4 years?
                              Yesterday he was saying Make America Great Again Again... implying it was great before COVID and it will be again.. who knows..

Pappy

Comment

• 14 days this hysteria will be over for four more years..

Pappy

Comment

Working...
                                X