Covid 19 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid 19 Question

Anyone here test positive for the virus or know anyone who has? Just curious. Canada has had far fewer cases than the U.S. but I know 8 people personally that tested positive. Fortunately none had to go to the ICU although 3 were really sick.

My friends son in-law that’s an ER Dr in Denver has it

Comment

I never paid attention to the Kung Flu. I'm not even sure if I ever had it. I know I had measles and chicken George pox. Neither was a big deal. Never hospitalized. But this is stunning to me. What am I missing with with corona that makes it so bad we have to destroy our country to save people from dying who could have just as easily died from the flu? Corona will probably blow away these #'s by final time but if we can handle this we can handle perhaps something 10X worse and worse without committing economic suicide.

​​​​​​https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through March 28, 2020, there have been:

​​​​​​39,000,000 – 55,000,000
      flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
      flu medical visits

400,000 – 730,000
      flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 63,000
      flu deaths
      Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Here is measles.

Measles is a highly contagious, serious disease caused by a virus. Before the introduction of measles vaccine in 1963 and widespread vaccination, major epidemics occurred approximately every 2–3 years and measles caused an estimated 2.6 million deaths each year.Dec 5, 2019
        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Ya I know 10 who got it. Friends? Not really but people we deal with on a daily basis across U.S. Still pretty low count here in AZ. I'm guessing it's because you only get tested if feeling sick. Symptoms? Then call Doc.Those are our instructions......LOL
          “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Probably also because it's constantly hot and dry in AZ. Virus doesn't transmit as well in consistently hot climates which is why it's lower in Africa, Caribbean and South America than elsewhere.

Comment

Proven fact btw. If 90% of the country actually stayed at home and didn't leave the house for any reason, the virus would be eradicated in that country in 4 weeks. If 80% stayed in it would be eradicated in 3 months. If 70% stayed home it would never be eradicated unless there was a vaccine. Currently 55% are staying home in Canada and 28% in the United States.

Comment

It would take longer than 4 weeks because you'd have 2nd and 3rd wave transmissions but yes, eventually all clear. Economy ruined but that's ok.

Go back to normal and guess what. Momma, here some that Chinese virus again! Because no mob immunity, only takes a single corona stained kunt hair to start another pandemic.

Your solution doesn't work, Hardly.
                Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Mob immunity plus mitigation be best strategy. Go back to work and practice every mitigation method like anti-social distancing, masks, hygiene, etc. Brian Stelter in place the old and sick. Trump is getting dangerously close to the breaking bad point. I think we can hold out until early May. Goes past June, RIP Donald and USA. But CNN will be happy unless they are all dead.
                  Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Let's get real, Hardly. Canada is a shit country. Always has been a shit country. And you have a shit Prime Minister. You hit the lottery by being located next to the United States. If Canada was in the Middle East, it would be Jihad happy hour every hour. Shutting down your country not the same as ours. You can fail. We can't. You fail, we can revive you. We fail, everybody fails. There is no country that will revive the United States. We are the world's designated survivor. So it is life and death Trump turns those machines back on before it's too late.
                    Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Well I'm no fan of Trudeau either but you're wrong about mob immunity. It's easy to say if people die then they die until one of those is your loved ones. I wonder if Trump would have the same mentality if it was Ivanka, Donald Jr, Jared Kushner, Baron or himself that was in the ICU on a ventilator? I doubt he would care much if it was Eric, Tiffany or Melania. But both Trump and Trudeau failed their citizens because they had the information on the pending pandemic in December and refused to act on it until March. And any leader who refuses to be proactive is a failure. In South Korea and a few smaller countries they did act with forethought and as a result have kept things relatively in check without having to use any restrictions on movements because they tested vigorously from the outset, identified all contacts and quarantined only those who were affected or were likely to be infected.

Comment

South Korea definitely gets the gold medal. China lied and spread it. That's where the blame is. Dr. Grouchy also got it wrong. And Donald only gives a shit about Ivanka.
                        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

I agree China is to blame. Just like Trump and the navy did when they canned the captain of the submarine for publicly stating he had an issue on the ship and needed help, China threatened and jailed the doctor who warned others about the virus rather than listening to him and acting on it. Unfortunately Trump, like Xi cares more about his reputation than the lives of others.

Comment

Captain Kangaroo exposed a military vulnerability to our enemies. He could have done same thing following classification protocol but it appears nobody does that anymore. Who knows how many doctors China killed to cover up the virus. We still have no idea how it started or what it is exactly. We have to figure it out ourselves while New York is on fire again. China is bad. They're BAD, Sean, as Sara Carter would say.
                            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-found-solution-coronavirus-103003618.html

I've been arguing this point, as has cwissy. In my opinion, selective quarantine of only the most vulnerable is the far better solution. Let the young, and middle aged, face the music. The elderly and immune compromised can shelter.

"If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X