Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets react to virus news & other Info from around the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiered response talk in the works. Whether it be job importance to economy or treating states differently according to # of cases being discussed. They know we can't have a nationwide shutdown for much longer. N.Y., L.A and other hot spots going to be treated differently?

Thing is they are not testing unless you have symptoms here so how the hell do we know how many we really have?
    “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• 5Dimes just put out new Yes Masters odds. Good for the rest of the year. I think this noncents is over unless somebody *important dies. The fake news will never give Trump credit but outstanding rapid response this month with the testing, building hospitals, medical supplies, economic relief, you name it. Nothing like this has ever been done this fast and at this scale. Yes, he was slow to react but so was the rest of the world. I think we have this stupid virus beat. Unfortunately, the fake news will milk it as long as possible for ratings and to hurt Trump.

ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE
      Last edited by Caitlyn Cwissy; 03-25-2020, 02:12 PM.
      Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• No economic collapse and the market will recover to a new high but the national debt was already a problem and this has only made it worse and worse. Have to do something about that.
        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• I hope that's the case with Virus. Last thing I want to see this week:

What to watch for in Thursday’s weekly unemployment claims numbers

Andie Corban and Kai RyssdalMar 24, 2020

https://www.marketplace.org/2020/03/...laims-numbers/

Market well aware it should be bad so hopefully factored in and these gains stick.
          “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Easter is going to become a MAGA celebration. I can't wait. That is the Jason Day Trump puts this thing away! I can't wait to see the TDS meltdown.
            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• It's up to the Governors not Trump though Cwissy. He can speak his mind but that's about it. I just don't see it going that smooth. Just unrealistic but hope I'm wrong!

Comment

• I hate to rain on the parade guys...but it’s going to get worse the next couple of weeks....eventually it will improve, but it will not be in the next 30 days

Comment

• There's a Parade?

Not quite as optimistic as Cwissy but I'm hoping that in 30 days some sort of plan can be implemented by opening up unaffected places first and others later at a slower pace. BUT SOMETHING PLEASE!

Comment

• I'm pretty bi-partisan and just hope the Commander in Chief keeps the norm and economy in check. This stuff is unforeseen so I would give anyone a break in this spot. As far as the upcoming election? Biden stands no chance if he is nominee. He reminds me of the grandpa you worry about wandering away.

Comment

• Originally posted by clevfan View Post
                      I hate to rain on the parade guys...but it’s going to get worse the next couple of weeks....eventually it will improve, but it will not be in the next 30 days
                      Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• If clevfan is right (and never bet against clevfan), we are about to finally have term limits in the Senate. Since Friday they have have been infecting each other while they jack around on the relief bill. If that's not bad enough, AOC is threatening to force all 435 housepicks members back to DC to vote in person. The fucking DC mayor just quarantined the entire DC. This is like a Final Destiny debutante scene except no dream suckout second chance.
                        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• If I was in charge, I would keep the economy going no matter what. The greatest generation stormed the beaches of Normandy to win WW2 when there was maybe a 10% chance of surviving. The me too generation can't go to a restaurant and enjoy a delicious meal when there is a fraction of a fraction of a percent they will die of the chink virus? Think about that. If you are young and healthy, go to work and spend money.

We could do isolated, rolling quarantines. Start with the worse and worse places like New York City. Nobody in or out. Clear it of the virus. Then go to the next hot spot. Eventually contained. That's better than closing the entire country down. We won't have a country left!
                          Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Originally posted by Caitlyn Cwissy View Post
                            If clevfan is right (and never bet against clevfan), we are about to finally have term limits in the Senate. Since Friday they have have been infecting each other while they jack around on the relief bill. If that's not bad enough, AOC is threatening to force all 435 housepicks members back to DC to vote in person. The fucking DC mayor just quarantined the entire DC. This is like a Final Destiny debutante scene except no dream suckout second chance.
                            So why even use if? I already said she is always right. Doesn't ever speak out of the side of her mouth.........LOL

This is why one or two great days ain't baiting me back in. Said I'd rather be late on this one. Plus you got Clevfan saying At least 30 days. I have no idea what market will re-act to now. I am interested in Unemployment #s tomorrow. Just hoping no surprises. They know it will be bad. If the market absorbs it good sign long term. Short term who fukin knows.

Comment

• We could do isolated, rolling quarantines. Start with the worse and worse places like New York City. Nobody in or out. Clear it of the virus. Then go to the next hot spot. Eventually contained. That's better than closing the entire country down. We won't have a country left!
                              This. It's all I've been trying to say. There will be nothing left if we continue down same path. Need to try something. This from someone who has a wife returning to workforce and if she gets it I will. I'd rather risk it than see the carnage of indecisiveness down the road.

Tiered response talk in the works. Whether it be job importance to economy or treating states differently according to # of cases being discussed. They know we can't have a nationwide shutdown for much longer. N.Y., L.A and other hot spots going to be treated differently?
                              This was from the doc on a virus update today.
                              Last edited by stevo; 03-25-2020, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• One of my old friends that I've known for over 20 years, calls me up, "hey Baller, you got any work? my employer is spooked by the Virus, haven't worked for weeks "
                                I can tell he needs some money, so I tell him come by, I need some drywall work...
                                He shows up, works all day (work that my 13 year-old could do for free..)
                                During the day I realize that the $1200 Trump check (before taxes) would actually help him.
                                -I appreciate Stevo and Dell Dude's info on how we can make a quick buck,
                                but I've turned to the side that I'm about 6 clicks away from being in his place,
                                Please let us know if you see one stock to hit, but I'm worried about the Economic impact, not the fake Virus impact..

What was Trump's deficit that he claimed he was going top eliminate when he promised his election? 3 trillion?

Comment

Working...
                                X