Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets react to virus news & other Info from around the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I'll be doing is watching Baller. According to Clevfan may be awhile. Not singling you out just making a general statement. The VAST majority are in the HOFDL unless they check everyday or are in tune with business news daily etc and sold (15% normal investors). Most are families with children to drop off and shit to do. Look at the schedule you have laid out with kids at times JFC it would kill me. No reason for the folks here to feel bad or hopeless. That was fast. It will comeback. I also have to remember when I talk about drops people are losing money. When I said they could sell market off in first post I was not expecting this guys. I commented 29 was to high in another post so I figured there was some steam to blow off. Never wanted to see something like what occurred.

If what you are looking for comes up Baller I got your #
    “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Thanks Stevo.
      -I've watched 80% less TV, due to no games
      --Had family game night after dinner, but they don't want to play with me because I always angle how to win, (my son has won everytime)
      -Zero wagering, got over that after 48 hours. (lost 2/pushed 1 Mexican soccer games)
      -Had a bunch of family conflict due to kids being home and mama being there too, I've either been working offsite, or here, but noisy..

pretty much I'm sure everyone is the same, I'm trying to not talk about the Virus this week, because I've found that I'm not worried about the health, but about the economic ramifications.
      Thanks, call/text if you see something, hopefully the Major wager family battles this, I'd love to see what Gyps would've said, or Mike Cash..

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
        I hope that's the case with Virus. Last thing I want to see this week:

What to watch for in Thursday’s weekly unemployment claims numbers

Andie Corban and Kai RyssdalMar 24, 2020

https://www.marketplace.org/2020/03/...laims-numbers/

Market well aware it should be bad so hopefully factored in and these gains stick.
        High claims as expected. Not only did the Market absorb it we are up 797. If we finish today up..........hmmmmmmm.

I think it's a really good sign. But it's 10:30 and so much can happen between now and close. Hold on!
        “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Well. This has been a long thread and I don't want to go look for quotes. I mentioned the houses were coming up with a plan for people to work at home. They went at it feverishly. I mean they had to call my wife and say you need to sign in from home and escalate these people to work at home status. I have faith in her company. I knew wife was eventually going back to work and just hoping no cases came up. I agree they did all the necessary things and if this is the job you chose what can you do? Finance sector essential. I've been bitching we should open certain states back up soon if infections low. Well we are low here so I can't cry just because wife has to go back.

Here is how the scenario played out. Huge hub. 5000 capacity. Normal 2500 crew reduced to 12,500 with 300 essentials. Guy calls in morning and says I don't feel good what do you want me to do? They send him to get tested and send home anyone he came in contact and worked with day before. Taped off whole area and disinfected.

He came up positive. So they have their first case. I'm not worried about surviving it and our parents are quarantined (my mother will not stop bitching about her hair and won't facetime with me anymore.LOL).

So that's that. Back to work and if we get it try to survive. Just worried because wife has respiratory issues and the Virus is repository. Not a panic post though. This is what I've asked others to do soon. So here we go!

And we both go to a preventive medical doctor. Full psychical every year to make sure everything is balance , sugar, etc. They don't wait for symptoms and treat they try to cut them off. So I am remaining positive thus far and think things will be O.K.
          Last edited by stevo; 03-26-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Like I said they only have 2500 in a HUGE building that can hold 5000 people. Empty conference rooms all over. They are forward thinking. Build it now things will grow. I am also pretty sure they are keeping essentials further away from the others. I mean it's critical. Certain people can't sign stuff without the proper licence. I don't have enough fingers to count the # of licenses wife has accumulated over the years. Without the signatures stuff can't get legally processed. I do think they were all on top of it enough. I saw it from the start. The critical stuff will get done large and small.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post

High claims as expected. Not only did the Market absorb it we are up 797. If we finish today up..........hmmmmmmm.

I think it's a really good sign. But it's 10:30 and so much can happen between now and close. Hold on!
              Up 1300 for biggest 3 day surge since 1931.

22, 552.17.

Don't know who bought today but can they close the week strong? Normal times you would see some profit taking on a Friday. Should be some good reading in morning.

Have a good weekend.

Comment

• I just watched Ohio governor and lady dr from Cleveland Clinic talk. The Cleveland Clinic predicts it will peak in mid-May.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/O...569166041.html
                Last edited by clevfan; 03-27-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Hell no Masters. I can't wait that long. Let it go through naturally and quickly. Get it over with. Isn't the great country of Brasil riding commando? I want to compare them to us. None of this Brian Stelter in place shit has any effect other than prolonging the curve. Flat or sharp, will only be stopped by mob immunity. Fuck it. If I am the 1%, you can just bump my fake death thread.
                  Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Lmfao. This is exactly howid I feel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-19-cases-rise

Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has tried to reassure his citizens over the threat of coronavirus by claiming Brazilians can bathe in excrement “and nothing happens”.

As Brazil’s Covid-19 death toll rose to 77, Bolsonaro scotched the idea Latin America’s biggest economy could soon face a situation as severe as the United States, where there have been more than 1,000 deaths and more than 83,000 cases.

“I don’t think it will reach that point,” Bolsonaro told reporters outside the presidential palace in the capital, Brasília.

“Not least because Brazilians need to be studied,” the right-wing populist added.

“They never catch anything. You see some bloke jumping into the sewage, he gets out, has a dive, right? And nothing happens to him.”

Without offering any scientific evidence, Bolsonaro continued: “I think it’s even possible lots of people have already been infected in Brazil, a few weeks or months ago, and have already got the antibodies that help it not to proliferate”.
                    Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Here you go. This was, is a scam to make billionaires multi-billionaires. They wanted those machines turned off because they went short. Now they will buy back. And the $2 trillion slush bill. Needed a fake, manufactured crisis. These people getting paid both ends.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoine.../#718c206268e8
                      Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Read that too.

Like Anny said "rich get richer"

Tell me what average investor jumped in past 3 days run up before today? Good news for people who were holding already of course. But this was not an occurrence the average investor had any time to think about buying low with Pandemic news and quickness of fall.

Some sell off was natural after that run-up past few days. Watched the Prez press conference today. He didn't seem to be upset at the time frame ? When asked can it happen in one month? or two? He said he hoped so but........

I'm afraid nothing to do but wait and see.

No sports. Only articles about no sports. The boards all dead as hell. Nothing to do but watch pandemic stuff. Boring days. Don't think my betting jones will ever return to what it was with the layoff.

Just hope out economy comes out O.K. in the end. I'm no pandemic expert and rather sick of it to tell the truth. I at least used to have the market to turn to to have some fun and keep informed. Now just constant Virus info and how it relates to infrastructure etc. Gotta watch though. Mesmerized. The stock chat places I read have come alive. The old timers admitting this is crazy and we don't know what's coming next so don't act like it. Nobody can take a "been there seen it attitude". Now a new bunch of new Virus posters have invaded many spots turning into a useless free for all where good info gets lost.....LOL. Everyone going nuts and on edge. I just step back and read. Can't really think of a better time to just watch and see. Can always day-trade if you are brave. Take off 37% for taxes and is it worth it right now? Everyone is different.
                        Last edited by stevo; 03-27-2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• On a side note....season 3 of Ozark was released today on Netflix...if you haven’t started the series yet, do it...it’s great

Comment

• Look at this graph. We are close to leveling. You can see every country ahead of us has leveled or is starting to level.

Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• clevfan may finally get an L. To believe we will go until May would be variance from every other country so far. 0-10 Jason Days from Pamela Peaks.
                              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

• Still accelerating. WTF. May be 250,000 / 5000 by Monday.
                                Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Working...
                                X