https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...ormat-1961250/

NFL’s playoff expansion plan is everything you can ask for

https://nypost.com/2020/02/19/nfls-p...u-can-ask-for/

Comment

Originally posted by clevfan View Post
      NFL’s playoff expansion plan is everything you can ask for

https://nypost.com/2020/02/19/nfls-p...u-can-ask-for/

A New Day has Dawned.
      INVISIBLE AND QUIET IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE. INVISIBLE AND QUIET IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE.

The Voice of a New Generation.

Comment

Commissioner Silver it's your turn now.

Lets just say that I can feel the just lets just ask him thing. A a member of the I think I am a NBA G.M. Club, sure. This part one of 3.

The play in thing sucks. You are rewarding losing instead of winning. You are upside down to what you want to accomplish. Which is a 1-6 playoff seeding set up. You just don't know it in this way. You have to drop the tenth team to do it.

The first three seeds are in the playoffs after 82 games.
        Seeds 4-9 "Play On" for three more games in a best of three format over 5 days. The season ending on a Tuesday sets up the friday, sunday, tuesday, saturday, monday, wednesday toggle.

Thus rolling us into three playoff games on saturday and sunday just how we like it.

Everybody's tounge was out during the NFL stretch. We were all veged out.

This is even better. By far.

​​​​​​​And there you go.
        INVISIBLE AND QUIET IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE. INVISIBLE AND QUIET IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE.

Comment

Play On.

That went over well. Its was right there in front of you all of you say. GM approved as well. Thank You.

Comment

it is all about the benjamins.. it explains week 18 and the 2 extra playoff games. the owners care more about the value of
            their franchises and their bottom line than they do about their players' health.

Comment

No question. And the players don't give a shit either as I don't believe they ever took care of the retired players who were suffering health problems. Every collective bargaining agreement was about the current players getting richer. If they cared, would have quickly agreed to helping the retired players and their families before fighting over revenue.
              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

cwiisy. you are 100% right. it is a travesty that with all that money that the players and/or the owners can't
                or won't find a way to help the retired players many of whom have sacrificed too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice View Post
                  Play On.

That went over well. Its was right there in front of you all of you say. GM approved as well. Thank You.
                  The 4-9 set up is exciting. It promises to be better than the playoffs. What the league is trying to do is make the now well oiled feeder system that has addressed the mid level market problem as best it can work in a better fashion.

Hence the play in idea. From a league perspective it looks like they are doing something to help them develop the talent and get into the playoffs. Which favors losing teams in the east and solid mostly above 500 teams in the west. You need to be a a 50 win team in the west to make it most years.

Snagging a spot in this fashion is not good. All were fearing it. It was not going to go over well with the public.

You really didn't make it.

Now you did. 7 8 and 9 are in major play now. All are looking forward to it. Its really strong.

The idea behind my 17th game in the NFL known as the "Big Payoff" had the same impetus. In a normal NFL year we were looking at losing teams making the playoffs in my format. A regular season extra game for 12 teams, 6 of which were having their super bowl party that weekend, took out the objection.

Booger McFarland is the only to figure it out and suggest such a thing.

That idea is not dead. The horse will be coming around to the front of that cart. We all know it.

The honesty of it all makes it work. Nothing separates 4-9. The announcers that I am mostly a reflection of get what they want also. The get in drive and develop everything instinct is much stronger now as a result.

They will hang those three games out on the players like its nothing.

Philly, Denver, Golden State and Detroit have the best crews for this GM's money. I favor Philly for the most part. They take me behind the scenes in the way I really want to know things the best. This group also constitutes what is known in the monetarist world as my "Grown Folks Team."

Its who you go see when you get to technical for me. I am just a set up guy.

Going forward on what I have to say its this group that I will be mostly reflecting the things they have told/tell me over many, many games and years.

To save myself a little time the next thing I am going to address is the entirety of the of the challenges, reviews and possessions thing going on. It is completely out of control. Not only has it turned basketball into stall and hope ball, but, the Jordan Rules now look like the Mrs Jordan Rules to me. It has become an organisational problem across the board.

That's it. I have had enough.

The entire league can consider themselves under arrest on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice View Post
                    To save myself a little time the next thing I am going to address is the entirety of the of the challenges, reviews and possessions thing going on. It is completely out of control. Not only has it turned basketball into stall and hope ball, but, the Jordan Rules now look like the Mrs Jordan Rules to me. It has become an organisational problem across the board.

That's it. I have had enough.

The entire league can consider themselves under arrest on this subject.
                    The total of the challenges, reviews and possessions calls is that it has become one big crutch. The problem with this crutching is that three different games are being called as a result.

What goes as the normal flow of the game for 3 quarters changes in the fourth and then again at the 3 minute mark.

Bottom line is that to many things are being taken for granted without penalty and a "tragedy of calls" starts as well. This is going to stop.

Four challenges is the number I hear being tossed the around the most by the announcers. What I also hear is trying to find a way to keep them all in such a way as to have two left with about a minute to go.

It comes down to keeping the ones you don't lose and trying to find a way to get that by the league. There has to be a way.

Here is the deals.

All get four challenges a game. If you win the first one you get to keep it. You don't if you lose the first one. Any subsequent challenges win or lose after the first one expire when used.

The first challenge is a free one for all win or lose. Any challenge that is lost there after results in a technical foul shot for the other team.

I have seen so much gaming on the one at various times of the game and heard a number of bad ideas as well that I can't pick just one or two. Its where the anger is coming from.

You can't do any of that. All generated because there is no penalty for delaying the game. In the NBA 80 percent of all games including the playoffs hug the 4 to 9 point range the last 3 minutes like its nothing. 2or 3 possessions.

You have to make the challenge real. Using it as a faux time out is unacceptable. You better be sure. Those technicals could come back to haunt you.

The possessions thing is out of control. Its not so much as its taken for granted that it will be reviewed as much as it's not this one possession not being possibly called right is going to cost someone the game.

That's bullshit. The Jeff Van Gundy in me says you mean to tell me that this one possessions when xxx can't and yyy is not ...is what's going to cost a team a game with about a minute left to go.

To which Mark Jackson replies, yes. Because he likes to egg him on. He does it all the time. It really gets Jeff going.

Therefore I am calling this deal the Van Gundy rule based on the fact he can say because he is not tied to a team what those whom are say in pieces about how they really feel. Its the exact same things.

Option one is that all get 3 possession only challenges when there is three minutes left in the game. If you win the first one you get to keep it. All expire with use after that. If you lose then you lose it.

Option 2 is that it kicks in at two minute and thirty second mark which in that case is all use and lose.

The some total of what I hear from the announcers comes down to trying to juice the last two minutes one way or another.

Ok sure. There you go. It figures under my plan all will have three left with 2 minutes to go.

2 possession only and one foul challenge left. Thanks to Dennis Schredor I am going to add a delay of game technical at the under 1 minute mark because I can oh so see teams doing what he did the other night out of anger because the game was out of reach. If the ref determines on a possession call that it was the case.

He stopped the game for no reason. That can not be allowed.

As for the flagrant foul reviews by the refs it has become all the player has to do is look at the ref to get a review.

Those same type fouls are not being reviewed in the tragedy like ways they are when its less than three minutes to go. What is the difference? The slight of hand interpretations are very inconsistent.

It has become call the foul and then review too see if its a flagrant vs calling a flagrant based on the refs first instinct and the possibly reviewing.

The tail is wagging the dog on this one and its the worst crutch there is. There is an over reliance by the players on this one. The smack of desperation that comes with it is just flat sickening.

If it's not called at first than its not one.

For arguments sake I will allow for 2 coaches challenges at the under 2 minute mark. For or against if you lose it the other team gets 2 technical free throw attempts. Not to for and against for a total of 4. Just 2 period.

Taking the gaming out of the deal will make for much better end of the games under this plan.

A much better brand of basket ball is at hand because of it.

And there you go.

Last edited by Juice; 04-30-2021, 03:35 AM.

Comment

I am going to try to keep part three consise. Its about debunking the myth of the three point shot that grew into something much bigger. Somehow it became s shadow platform issue ( a thing I am an expert at) which is something I refer to as the whirley things in the NBA.

A thing that throws out guys that do things that win games on clip boards in favor of guys whom win games according to how the platform does things. Its an all leverage and bespoke system.

Its great for the NFL and is mostly worthless in NBA. This is because in my book you can make a ton mistakes in the game and still win the game with w minutes to go. Just saw it with Philly tonite and Dallas last night. The clip board won both games. Philly got the good star finish. Whirly can't help you.

I have also never heard an announcer say, you know we don't win any more games than before, but we sure do look a lot better when we lose. Its what whirly gets you.

It crunches the numbers down and builds virtual you's. The ones it can leverage are the ones it picks and says you will become xyx or another.

To a degree it working better than you know. To my great surprise there has been a big improvement in the bottom of the league in the three years since I did the kind of write up I am really famous for over the complaint the league had over the 75, 000 three point shots attempted that season.

The back of the league on both sides was baggy as all get out. Ewww. There has been a remarkable improvement in this regard.

The first angle came from Mr Philly when one night a team ran a three point play for a guy in the here it's your turn style whom in fact was the highest rated 3 point shooter for BOTH TEAMS. No one knew. It was for him.

You can't do that. The highest rated shooter on the floor right now is? What team is he on are two of my GM questions.

He also ripped Brett Brown a new one about how you can't plan to stay under 30 three attempts and win in today's NBA. To keep it short, as it turns out thats not true. Doc is doing the exact same things Brett was doing across the string that comes with the three only that team was not playing like this one.

Brooks and Thibedau are doing it also. Three guys from the right era.

The string of speeches that came after were about the things that allow the string of other things to stand up and win games than the three "makes" the string that helps you win games idea that is now in vouge.

You have to plan for fifty and ideally stay under forty attempts. Once teams bail on a game they just fire away.

You have to keep up. As it turns out not only is everybody but Utah (41) under 40 but the true parts of the talks are in line and greatly improved from just three years ago.

Thus debunking the en vouge thinking in play now.

The question becomes where are the wins showing up?

It can't be seen because a dramatic improvement by one team via the 3D method has never been seen in the NBA.

Whirly wants you to believe a team full of 3D players will win a championship vs beating a championship level team tonite.

In my book you have to be a 58 plus win team in the west to win it and 48 to 50 win one to get in period. In the east its 53 to 55 with a 40 to 42 bottom.

To keep it simple the max win improvement is 8 games. All of them are showing up in the west. The math reveals a shadow 2 wins available as well. Which the west is getting as well.

We do not have to look. The west is 8 to 10 games better than the east.

For the most part the east is keeping the 3D guys they developed while letting the clip board ones they developed as well go off to the west.

Whirly is doing its real job. The rest is on you.

My break down holds that the bottom of the east is beating the championship level teams on the road out west.

What they are not doing is winning their fair share of the 32 to 39 win type team games nor are they picking off the top teams in conference for an at least 3 to 5 games a season clip.

I suspect as well the west road record is better than the east one.

No threes needed at all.

And there you go.

There is a part 4 coming. It starts with I feel like I missed some thing with my plan. I was under the impression we had more teams in the NBA than we do. I do not feel near as alone as I should on what we all missed.

The happy accident reveals tit appears he NBA long desire of a blended conference playoff is a lot more doable. The objection has always been it greatly favors the west.

Now that we know we have an developmental league known as the eastern conference we can dispel that myth.

I am going to expand on that and other strings of things floating in my mind that will help the NBA continue to develop the agenda they have had for a long time.

I will also try to step in and help one team whoms main announcer is on the verge of tears over. I understand exactly where he is coming from.

I will be back soon.

Comment

I prefer that is all.
                        Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Well alright. Everyone is impressed I see. Mr Philly has his feet on the desk. Funny how all that works together.

I wanted to come in and tighten the stat line reality so that all can see the main difference from just 3 years ago. In order for for the three pointer count many believe in the centric ways they do, this is what you have to be at for that to kick in.

All are averaging 13 threes a game. Philly is the low at 11 and Utah is the high at 17. Back then you had to average 9. We had a distinct split. One group was hugging 9 and the other 7. That's 2 possessions.

The former has increased it point total by 12 points and the ladder by 15. They picked up a possession. You managed to merge. All are good for 39 points behind the arc.

That's impressive.

Having said that your teams average has to be 36 percent or better against a league average as of the last one I saw was 36.6. By the time you get to 35 flat you are done for this category. In a 2 - 3 possession league each .1 down is a big deal.

The surprise in this from just 3 years ago we have a group sans the clippers and jazz that's between 36.5 and 38 something. Vs one group hugging 36 and the other 34.

The clippers are at 41 percent and the jazz 39. My choice to win the NBA is the Clippers over Philly. According to current NBA logic my team is the run away winner.

Looking good on both teams. Philly is the only one ready for the playoffs.

The current tempo of the league is a 110-114 pace which is up from 108 - 112. In the NBA you have be legit for 120 - 125 plus a game. Free throws over threes is what has to get you there to 125.

You have to be at a 75 percent team average to do it right. At 74 flat you are done in this category. Your down a possession.

Its a matter of perspective of what you want next. The easiest and best to get a gauge is point differential. How it comes to this is more technical than you know and reflects all aspects of the game.

Anyone at 5 points or better is controlling all the different aspects the best. That's really hard to do. If you take out the weak sisters and just included 500 or better teams all above this line would only lose a half point to a point at best. Anyone below 4.8 and the point loss picks up quick.

If you just made it playoff teams the top group would rise and the rest under 4.8 would continue to fall.

Philly is the low at 5.3 and Milwaukee/New Jersey I am sure are at 6.8 are the high. The clippers and Phoenix are right behind them if I remember it right.

How the platform known by its proper name of sigma x is working like it promises you it will.

It holds that for every improvement at the bottom there is a corresponding one at the top. This has happened in a spectacular fashion inside of three years and its as good as it gets as well.

The improvement has come at the expense of the of 9-15 in the east and 13-15 in the west.

21 teams are getting their money out of it. That's as good as it gets on the human side. The platform strives at all times to keep things inside of 1.2 percent. And works off a 4/6 split.

10 games all to the west is a complete wrench to the 6 side of the equation. If this were a wall st simulation lets say, sigma x would be on the phone to Mr. Philly, Brooklyn and Milwaukee trying to set up a trade that allows it to give its weak sisters 4 additional wins a year in exchange for 6 back at some future date. An IOU in other words.

It can't do that in the real world.

Whirly can not do anything about that. The bottom east is going to have to start developing, attracting and retaining more guys that win games on clip boards over guys that win games on the platform.

It is that simple.

That is all.

Comment

Yes! That is all!
                            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Ok now. I am not sure where to start. I effectively came out of retirement to do this. I am the principal reason we have sports betting in this country. My better half Donald J. Trump is why we got to keep it. I have a big background in the business an am known world wide for just this type of stuff.

So that there no misunderstandings I do indeed have a long, very dark history with the sports leagues. In the end I got everything I wanted the way I wanted it, which means they did not.

I am also the elite monetarist on the planet and as you can see like they have been saying I am this thing.

The rest is complicated. I will leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X