Seattle vs. Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle vs. Carolina

I turned this game off - it's unwatchable. I watched a chess match on PBS a while back that was more exciting.

Rusty Wilson has these red zone stats in his career, including playoffs, 53 pass tds 10 rush tds and 2 ints. Wow

Comment

With 2:14 left in the New England game, Baltimore had a 3rd and 1. Flacco dropped back to pass, and stumbled, before "throwing" and incompletion, and avoiding about a 13 yard loss. It looked more like he batted the loose ball forward. It was recovered by Bmore anyway, but could have been about a 6 or 7 yd loss. They showed one replay, and it was a bad angle.

Baltimore lined up to go for it on 4th down, and I expected NE to throw the challenge. Instead Bmore called time out. I thought, well, maybe NE wants to save a crucial timeout in the event Bmore drives down the field.

I thought the broadcast guys would show another replay or 6, and didn't show it again. They were talking about it being a possible fumble, but didn't show another replay.

Bmore lines up again, and NE calls a TIMEOUT. I suppose they wanted to look at Bmore's set, and then decide their defense. AT that point, why wouldn't NE challenge the previous play? They are burning a timeout anyway. They can get 4 or 5 minutes instead of 1. Give your defense a little more rest, and POSSIBLY get 6 or 7 yards out of the deal. There's only 1 more play before it gets to the 2minute warning,and they won't need that challenge anymore any way. Why not challenge right there?
      "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Originally posted by nino brown View Post
        Rusty Wilson has these red zone stats in his career, including playoffs, 53 pass tds 10 rush tds and 2 ints. Wow
        That's gotta be just about the exact opposite of Warren Moon (well, at least while he was a Viking).

Amazing stat nino. Wow.

What does it say about a kid, when he comes out of college, and everyone on the Seattle team immediately gravitates to him, and says he has tremendous leadership skills? You sign the packer back up to a huge contract, and before the first season snap, announce wilson as the starter. You have to tip your cap to Wilson. He has "it".

You also have to tip your cap to the Seattle coaching staff for recognizing it, and stuffing their egos, and going with the backup. Many gm's would say "NO, we brought in a guy to be our starter, and he's our starter. Period."

Christ the vikings tried to make Ponder work, for another year and half after it was obvious he was a bust.
        "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Seahawks to make Russell Wilson highest-paid QB - NFL.com

Comment

Working...
          X