This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
    My question: What's the limitations on point spreads? alternate numbers, buying/selling points?
    Yes this is just the type of contribution we need to straighten out to have some fun. Chris has said he is good with what others want to do. Norm has said he just want's level playing field so like myself I assume he isn't opposed. We been buying and selling points all contest with no limit. I'm good with it and maybe a cap on alt speads?. Brian who knows......LOL
    “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post

Yes this is just the type of contribution we need to straighten out to have some fun. Chris has said he is good with what others want to do. Norm has said he just want's level playing field so like myself I assume he isn't opposed. We been buying and selling points all contest with no limit. I'm good with it and maybe a cap on alt speads?. Brian who knows......LOL
      And they say women are difficult,sheesh. Why make it so complicated.

Comment

I apologize.

I'm just trying to find out what's a legal bet or not due to wanting to know what $ amount to bet and if we are allowed to bet Alt lines. If we want to go anything goes Alt spreads good with me. As stated not trying to make things difficult just want to get rules straight because I won't be around and would like to decide. I'll leave the math up to Norm.

No bigge. Have fun boys.
        “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I apologize.

I'm just trying to find out what's a legal bet or not due to wanting to know what $ amount to bet and if we are allowed to bet Alt lines. If we want to go anything goes Alt spreads good with me. As stated not trying to make things difficult just want to get rules straight because I won't be around and would like to decide. I'll leave the math up to Norm.

No bigge. Have fun boys.
          No need to apologize...I’m just laughing at how a simple contest got so complicated... Norm is over thinking it lol

Comment

Regarding IF bets. I think Cwissy asked about those early on and I think we said no.

Regarding alternate lines. We were allowing whatever full game or 1H lines BM and BOL posted. There were a number of college bowl games that I used an alternate line. Instead of say -14.5 at -110, I paid like -270 to have it at -10.5 or something similar. I know I paid a heavy price, and it didn't work out very well, but BOL posted it, so I used it.

If someone wants to bet SF - 7.5 and get plus money, whatever it is, or SF +7.5 and pay the extra juice, I would say that's allowable, as long as it is posted on BOL or BM.

Lines fluctuate all the time. It's not uncommon for one person to have -5.5 -110, and someone else later is paying -4.5 -120. Stuff like that has gone on all season. An alternate line isn't much different, you're just paying alot more juice. If you want to take SF -14.5 at +500 or whatever it is. So be it.

The original concept of the contest was to leave it fairly wide open, to see what handicapping strategy players could come up with to win the contest.

I had ruled out IF bets, because it's essentially betting money you don't have in your account yet. I know it's not a lot different than a parlay, but if someone can bet 1H under, and then roll their win on the same full game under, that's very correlated, and I don't want to allow it.

I think it would be a good idea for people to take a picture of the line they saw, hopefully with the computer date and time in the photo. You are PMng your plays, so its tough for anyone else to check the validity of your play. By taking a picture, if anyone had any question, you could just load up the picture.

We've been doing this on the honor system all year, and no one has questioned lines. There have been a couple mistakes that were caught and corrected, but I don't think anyone has intentionally took advantage. I don't think that's going to change now.
            "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Thanks Anny. I'm sorry I missed your text yesterday and you have one waiting this morning from me on a personal thing.

Been a hectic week for me and I've only had my phone for internet mostly. YUK!

Norm will PM and post if we are doing anything and I just wanted to wish everyone luck one last time. 6:30 here and I don't honestly know when I'll be back to normal.

Whatever happens it was fun.

Comment

Working...
              X