• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we allow 1st & 2nd half bets, what about teasers

Need votes to decide

should we allow 1st half bets
    should we allow 2nd half bets
    should we allow teasers

i need all participants to vote on these 3 items,please vote like this example:

1st yes
    2nd no
    teasers no

i need all votes by midnight Sunday Sept 1st,thanks

YesYesYes
    Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

1st yes
      2nd yes
      teasers yes
      "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Yes
        no
        yes

Comment

Yes
          no
          yes

Comment

no
            no
            yes

Comment

If we do allow teasers, I propose using Bookmakers straight forward odds and rules for all teasers. Bet Online has some funky rules about changing odds betting off different numbers, etc. and is harder to follow and interpret. That would men even if you're using betting numbers of BetOnline, these are the odds that would be applied. These are Bookmakers rules and odds:
              FOOTBALL TEASERS
              6 pts 6½ pts 7 pts
              2 Team NFL -120 -130 -140
              2 Team NCAA 100 -110 -120
              3 Team +150 +135 +120
              4 Team +235 +215 +200
              5 Team +350 +320 +300
              6 Team +550 +500 +475
              7 Team +800 +700 +600
              3 Team 10 Pts = -120
              A tie plus a loss is a loss
              A tie plus a win is NO ACTION
              (Any loss in a 3 team 10pt teaser is a loss, then any push with winners are graded as a push)

Comment

stevo already voted "Yes" for the both of us for first and second-half plays..... So, this is just my observation..... When ever someone makes a bet that is not specifically listed in the rules, we end-up voting on whether to allow it or not.....I would prefer that clevefan act as the commissioner and just rule on it...... That's it......She rules......It's over and done with......She should use her sole judgement because everyone who knows her here has to know that she is knowledgeable, fair and just..... That is, until she rules against what I think should be done...... JOKING.....JOKING....JOKING.....

Why????? Because it places the rest of us players in a position to maybe alienate a poster that we like by voting how we actually feel about the situation..... In this instance it was DrunkenGoon who placed a second-half bet..... I've known about Goon from BettorsWorld, almost twenty-years ago, and I can say that he was and still is always a gentleman in his posts and, also is not a shot-taker. Plus, he is the most knowledgeable poster/bettor that I've ever read in regards to soccer and hockey..... Anyway, I like Goon and enjoy reading his posts.....

However, I would have voted "No" on second-half bets only (first-half is OK), and then added a rule that before a player makes a bet not specifically listed in the rules, that clevefan, the commissioner, has to approve of it beforehand..... (BTW, I used to have good luck playing round robins. Yet, I intended to stick to the ORIGINAL rules of sides, totals and money lines, and then parlays once they were allowed.) Now the types of bet requests are expanding faster than our Universe.) ..... There are a few reasons that I would have voted "No" on second-half bets only. This is because these second-half start times are vastly different even if the games started at the same time. I seriously doubt that I could corroborate the second-half line easily, and maybe not at all. But, this is the most important reason. And, it goes for live betting too. If the player has his or her game televised locally then that player has an advantage (primarily for "in-game" information) over the rest of us, especially in regards to second-half bets. And, it doesn't even matter if it is a nationally televised game. I could be busy, have a play on either a locally televised game or another nationally televised game and not even care about the game(s ) that end-up with being bet for the second-half.

As an aside, the Oregon/Auburn game was an unnecessary bad beat for stevo and me. It's because both of the Auburn/Oregon coaches are idiots. That pass play for a TD and spread cover was pure luck and open to the possibility of being intercepted. The Oregon coach has to know that the only play with fifteen-seconds left and no more Auburn time-outs has to be a play to the end-zone. Any in-bounds tackle and Auburn may not have enough time to attempt the FG or have to hurry without being able to have the kicker "line-up" the attempt. The Oregon coach should have either conceded/facilitated the FG attempt by jumping off-sides to preserve the clock, or had his players intentionally commit pass interference to prevent having to try to score a TD to win the game. An Oregon FG would stiil win the game and is a lot easier to do with a limited amount of time left in the game rather than trying to score a TD.

Comment

DrunkenGoon is cool...he would never take offense:)

Comment

Is this a gambling place or a touchy feely safe zone type of space? YES/YES/YES on the voting front

bet was cancelled for me and I'm fine with it, happens all the time if you've even had an asian account and your statement is light, you know the feeling and those are usually at the end of the week/month when you've already counted it as incoming cash.
                    "Elections are not decided by those who vote but by those who count the votes"

Comment

Good evening Goon..... No..... This is not a touchy feely safe zone type of space.....Everything that I will type here, you already know..... I'm just developing my reasoning for this MW contest to go back to its original intention, which was full game, sides, totals and money lines.

As you know, MW is a forum to exchange gambling information..... Primarily sports gambling..... BTW, stevo already voted Yes/Yes/Yes for our team..... So, my NO on second-half plays, and (I'm absolutely sure) the soon to be voted on live betting is only my informed opinion/observation..... This contest was originally set-up to be just a SIMPLE sides, totals and money lines for full-games. It was not set-up to have this MW contest emulate a sports book. If people, like me, want to do round-robins, maybe even with second-half lines, I have an an option. I can place these types of bets with real money (and not a fake $10,000 beginning bankroll that only cost $100 for five-months of betting) with a number of off-shore sports books, and now, even here in New York State..... The books are set-up to offer second-half lines and live betting and to pull a line or bet if somebody is taking a shot at them..... We don't have that with this contest here..... It's an honor system contest...... I'd rather spend my time determining what plays I want to bet, than checking out a plethora of exotic bets/lines..... This was supposed to be a fun contest..... It is no longer that because the majority wants to bet like this is a MW emulated sports book contest without risking the real money they would have to risk with a sports book. How is this fun when someone is placing so many different bets that it's virtually impossible to see if they (or even me) made a mistake in the line they got, math, etc....

Moreover, the sports book grades the bets, unlike here..... Here, we all grade our own-bets on the honor system..... The sports book is set-up/computerized to handle bets like Cwissy's, which are all over the place..... He even did a sell down, and lost his bankroll..... None of this (sell downs. first-half lines, second-half lines, parlays, teasers, round-robins, etc.) was intended when this contest was suggested by analyzer..... We are not equipped to verify any of the exotic bets or check the math of others or if they posted a bad/wrong line..... It was supposed to be an easy contest for fun and now it's mushrooming into a MW sports book debacle. Now, I don't have any argument here if someone wants to be an independent "grader" for all of this..... I guarantee that the "grader" will soon resign when they realize how much time will be spent with this contest emulating a sorts book. Anyway fellow contestants..... I am 100% right here, but the majority rules even if they are 100% wrong.....

Below is the ORIGINAL CONCEPT for this MW Contest to be simple..... None of what is going on here was the way this was intended.....

Ok, we are getting this contest around. Analyzer had a good idea for contest, even tho some of you would like to include parlays, teasers and live betting, it would be too difficult to go back and check on these things if we needed to, so we are just going to go with totals and sides and moneylines.

The entry fee is 100.00 and we will determine payout structure after we see how many paid entrants there are. MajorWager management is throwing in an extra 500.00 to the prize pool.
                      The contest is open to any registered user of MajorWager. One entry per person, cheaters will be automatically kicked out of contest with no refund.

The contest will begin with the first college fb game on Aug 24, 2019 and will end at the conclusion of the Superbowl game in Feb 2020.
                      All entrants 100.00 must be paid by kickoff Aug 24 to participate.

HERE IS THE CONCEPT OF THE CONTEST PUT FORTH BY ANALYZER...IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANY RULES I NEED TO ADD, PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD. ALSO ANY TWEEKS TO CONTEST THAT I SHOULD MAKE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW:

My thoughts on a football contest is keep it simple. It's a ton of work for someone to post lines every week, and to grade the results. What makes a good capper, is someone who recognizes a good line and takes advantage of it, often early in the week.

Give everyone a bank roll, of 10k. Let everyone make as many or as few bets as they want. Don't put any limits other than their bankroll. They can bet pro or college football, sides or totals. Money lines if they want. Have 2 or 3 books that are the official books for the contestants to peruse. When they see a line they like, they post their fictitious bet, with the book, line, date, and time, and amount of the bet, and current bankroll. when they win or lose, they post the win or loss, and update their bankroll. Whoever has the highest bankroll after the Superbowl wins the contest. IF someone goes bankrupt, they are out of the contest. no rebuy. No maximum or minimum bets, no maximum or minimum number of required bets. If someone wants to sit out 3 weeks because it's hunting season, or they have a wedding to attend to, or are in the hospital, they can sit out. It's no big deal. Now granted, they are missing an opportunity to bet, but they aren't penalized.

It's the easiest way to run the contest. Self-grading, and everyone can help police it. It's an honor thing, you have to post a line that was available at the time you make your fictitious play.
                      Last edited by AKNorman; 09-01-2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

yes on 1H
                        no on 2H
                        Yes on teasers

My reason for no on 2H is based on where do we find "official" timestamps for when each game's second half starts? If someone can show me a reliable source for that info, I'm willing to change my mind on that.

Comment

Originally posted by briane11 View Post
                          yes on 1H
                          no on 2H
                          Yes on teasers

My reason for no on 2H is based on where do we find "official" timestamps for when each game's second half starts? If someone can show me a reliable source for that info, I'm willing to change my mind on that.
                          Good point regarding time stamp...I think we are just asking for problems if we allow 2nd half wagers

Comment

I think there has been enough negative feedback on 2nd halves, to kill those. They weren't in the rules when those people paid their $100. Whether I'm in favor of it or not, is beside the point. Having at least 3 players that don't want them, is enough to kill it in my opinion.

Note, Baller placed a 2nd half bet yesterday on the Ducks, that he lost, and graded as a loser. I think that bet should be canceled as well. It wouldn't be fair to cancel Goons Wisconsin winner, but allow Baller's Oregon loser. I find it kinda funny that Baller is not in favor of 2nd half plays, yet made one yesterday. LOL.

Just make a ruling clev, and we'll all live with it.
                            "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Ok,final ruling....yes to 1st half, yes to teasers,NO to 2nd half.....and 2nd half bets previously placed are void

Comment

Working...
                              X