CONTEST DISCUSSION THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONTEST DISCUSSION THREAD

Use this thread for trash talking, asking questions, pointing out mistakes, or any contest discussion

Someone handicap the handicappers for me. Who are the favorites to win?

Comment

Originally posted by csmith View Post
      Someone handicap the handicappers for me. Who are the favorites to win?
      Drunken Goon is the favorite to me.

Comment

I see Cwissy(Sorry Cat, I'll see you in other contests) sold points on his play. Will buying and selling points be allowed going forward?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuesser View Post
          I see Cwissy(Sorry Cat, I'll see you in other contests) sold points on his play. Will buying and selling points be allowed going forward?
          Anyone that busts before Aug 30 can do a buy-in....is that ok with you guys

Comment

Originally posted by clevfan View Post

Anyone that busts before Aug 30 can do a buy-in....is that ok with you guys
            Considering you're allowing additional entries thru the 30th, it make sense to allow rebuys. It does allow a little shot taking though. Someone could press hard early, go 10k, 20k, 40k, they are 1-8 to go 3-0. So they might have to pay $400, $500 or whatever in entry fees, but will eventually get a 3-0 start, and have an 80k bankroll. Hell, even if they go 2-0, they could have nearly a 40k bankroll, and put the rest of us in bad position. Theoretically they would get off to a 2-0 start in one of their first 4 entries. 40k while the rest of us have 10k ish, would give them a big leg up to win the contest, and put a ton of betting pressure on the rest of us. But whatever. I imagine most of us have played in a poker rebuy before, it's not a whole lot different. Just more money in the kitty.
            "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

No pun I assume.
              Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

I like Analyzer's chances, will probably tally the least amount of plays.
                I remember the late great BBQGuy telling me that unless he has to (contest) he never bets week ones..

Comment

We used to play a dog day contest, in which everyone had to pick 5 ML dogs each week of the college football season. I recall the 1st 3 weeks were pretty tough. Lots of big spreads, with power 5's playing the compass schools. There was little chance of an upset. Once conference play kicked in, the ML's were a better play. Lots of 7 and 10 point dogs winning outright.

I like to play totals, and early on it's such a crap shoot. Offenses often struggle with consistency. But you'll have special teams breakdowns, and more turnovers etc, which creates short fields, and instant points. Totals are pretty tough out of the gate.

I won't be playing much NFL. I think the NFL has orchestrated outcomes. Lots of win but don't cover crap. Unfortunately I have to ref alot of football games on Saturday and Sunday through the end of October, and then have deer hunting, so it's hard for me to follow along. Sundays I'm usually reffing from noon to 6 pm. So I doubt I'll be winning this thing.

That and I played fantasy football from 91, until 2017, but haven't played since. While you might think fantasy football doesn't have alot to do with betting, it does keep you on top of WR and RB matchups. You pay alot more attention to which defenses are soft etc. You pay alot more attention to key injuries. It definitely helps a person make more informed betting plays.
                  "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn Cwissy View Post
                    No pun I assume.
                    well, I might have slipped that one in there intentionally. No offense.

Comment

Last year, this play was very suspect. There are some slow motion versions that appear to show the linebacker intentionally twisting Adrian Martinez ankle, knocking him out of the game, and the next couple games as well. There are many who are looking forward to the Huskers revenge in Boulder.... I kinda have my doubts. I don't know that either team will be able to stop the other. I think I'll be playing the over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qWZa6jZdPQ

44 is a piece of shit

Comment

I have a question. I like to play lines at BOL as soon as they get posted Sunday afternoon. For example, I'm playing big on LSU this week in this contest (LSU -5.5). But I got LSU at -3.5 on Sunday. Is it fair to post lines from Sunday right when they come out and use them in the contest?

Comment

Originally posted by csmith View Post
                          I have a question. I like to play lines at BOL as soon as they get posted Sunday afternoon. For example, I'm playing big on LSU this week in this contest (LSU -5.5). But I got LSU at -3.5 on Sunday. Is it fair to post lines from Sunday right when they come out and use them in the contest?
                          Yup

Comment

a couple of more rules questions:

are team totals ok to play?
                            what about player props?

Basically, my questions is: as long as it's offered by BM or BOL and the time stamp can be verified and it's not a post game start play, can we play it?

TIA
                            "Elections are not decided by those who vote but by those who count the votes"

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
                              a couple of more rules questions:

are team totals ok to play?
                              what about player props?

Basically, my questions is: as long as it's offered by BM or BOL and the time stamp can be verified and it's not a post game start play, can we play it?

TIA
                              I would vote no to both. Too hard to track, but of course, majority rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X