Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HANDICAPPER'S CHALLENGE CONTEST (UPDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clevfan View Post
    The Guesser
    $13,195

Analyzer
    $16,467
    $16,837

DrunkenGoon
    10,967 ?

Stevo/Norm
    $10,095

Clevfan

Big Baller

Christopher Smith
    $17,600

Brian Edwards
    $9021 ?

These are the current scores (not counting pending plays)….also, Brian Edwards and Drunkengoon need to grade and update their scores, so their total is unknown to me
    Clev, you needed to look further down the page. I know it isn't easy with everyone having a slightly different way of doing things, but my balance as of today is $16,837.
    "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Originally posted by analyzer View Post

Clev, you needed to look further down the page. I know it isn't easy with everyone having a slightly different way of doing things, but my balance as of today is $16,837.
      Ok cool. I just wanted all of us to get an idea where we stand. You’re doing very well!

Comment

Originally posted by clevfan View Post

Ok cool. I just wanted all of us to get an idea where we stand. You’re doing very well!
        Thanks for the update. I wish contestants would keep a better running tab. I know people are busy, and it's tedious/time-consuming, but it's more fun, if you know where everyone is at.

This is a bit like a poker tournament. I recall playing poker, and so often early on, you'll fold AJ because it's just going to get you in trouble, but later in the tournament, when the blinds have grown, and are forcing the action, suddenly you're pushing with much lessor hands.

There are probably lots of games I should have bet more on, and as we grind towards the finish line, eventually contestants will be pushing all in, on coin flips. It doesnt take much to get the lead in this contest. Even the last place person, can be in a commanding lead, with two all-ins. In hind sight there were many opportunities to grow my bankroll to 30k. That would have been nice. Happy to be plus money at this point. That was my goal.

I don't play fantasy football anymore, and with officiating, don't really follow the NFL hardly at all the past couple years. I'm running out of college football season. Conference play is far more predictable than bowl games, in my opinion. Soon I'll have to make my move on the NFL. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm of the opinion the NFL outcomes are orchestrated, and it's tough to ever have a lock. I don't think ther is such thing... well, outside of the vikings always losing in Chicago...that's a given.
        "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Here is a game I now believe was fixed. 19080 Lions vs Bears. 8 mistakes or bad strategy Lions made at the end. 7 of them would have ended the game if executed properly.

1. Monte only gives the rock to Sims on 1st and 3rd down and punts fourth less than a yard in plus territory when a 1st down puts the Bears on the brink of elimination
          2. James Hunter appears to let the ball land next to his feet on Walter Payton's off target throw (not clear, though)
          3. Ray Oldham and it's clear bats the ball away with won hand instead of attempting to catch a game ending interception
          4. 1st and goal. Hunter again who short arms a point blank pick. It was a Kesha hard throw. Plausible drop
          5. 2nd and goal. Bears receiver wide open. Was going to be an easy throw and catch but the mobile Evans doinks the ball off a Bears helmet.
          6. 3rd and goal. Last play. Lions left tackle pulls to the right. Left end. Looks like Dave Pureafurry takes himself out of the play ouside. Evans easily runs through the wide open hole for a touchdown and overtime.
          7. The kickoff coverage was laughable. Zero coverage on the ouside. Everybody went inside. Only one guy had a chance to tackle Williams. Once he easily got by him and turned left, it was over. No flags.

No way to prove it but I have my suspicions. Sims also dived right into a Bear on 3rd down. If this was legit, miraculous badbeat. Vince Evans beat them on a 95 yard drive. Vince Evans! Then the kickoff with busted coverage. No excuse. If Williams just made a great return, ok. But that's not what happened. He just ran to the wide open.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyqo...ature=emb_logo
          Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Later today I will move this thread to the handicappers challenge contest forum. The contest is still going on, I’m just trying to clean things up for bowl contest threads that are forthcoming

https://www.majorwagerforum.com/foru...sy-sports-talk

Comment

Working...
            X