X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRUNKENGOON'S THREAD

DrunkenGoon's contest thread

No plays yet, just wanted to bump this so you guys know I'm alive :) Once kids go back to school next week I get serious about making money.
    "Elections are not decided by those who vote but by those who count the votes"

Comment

Starting Roll: 10000 pesetas
      NCAAF Game: Cincinnati U -2 -120 over UCLA 240/200 pesetas (BOL)

It's turn back the clock, going old school with my first tag at MW:

May all yours bets be winners

Comment

Current Roll: 9760 pesetas
        Pending:
        #1 NCAAF Game: Cincinnati U -2 -120 over UCLA 240/200 pesetas (BOL)

Play #2:
        NCAAF Game: Utah -5 -115 over BYU 115/100 pesetas (BOL)

May all your bets be winners

Comment

W+200 #1 NCAAF Game: Cincinnati U -2 -120 over UCLA 240/200 pesetas (BOL)
          W+100 #2NCAAF Game: Utah -5 -115 over BYU 115/100 pesetas (BOL)

Current Roll: 10300 pesetas

Play #3:NCAAF 2nd Half: Wisconsin -4 +100 over South Florida 200/200 pesetas (BOL)

Comment

Pending Play #3:NCAAF 2nd Half: Wisconsin -4 +100 over South Florida 200/200 pesetas (BOL)

Current Roll: 10100 pesetas

Play #4: NCAAF Game: Colorado Money Line -430 over Colorado State 430/100 pesetas (BM)

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
              Pending Play #3:NCAAF 2nd Half: Wisconsin -4 +100 over South Florida 200/200 pesetas (BOL)

Current Roll: 10100 pesetas

Play #4: NCAAF Game: Colorado Money Line -430 over Colorado State 430/100 pesetas (BM)

DG, I hate to tell you, but that play will need to be canceled. As I understand it, Clev did not allow half game bets. I'd like to have a way to post screen shots, so we can allow almost any play, but I haven't found a way to do it, and 2nd half plays are tough for anyone to verify, hence the reason clev didn't allow them. I would like to make 1st half plays, but I don't think she allowed those either.

Perhaps Clev can jump in here and offer some clarity.
              "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

I'm personally fine with it, if everyone is ok with it. But I think there was some push back when we were considering 2nd half plays and live plays. There was some feedback from clev that they wouldn't be allowed.
                "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

Sorry, no halves

Comment

Fair enough, didn't see anything in the rules about it, I know we said no live plays in the earlier discussion... Making adjustments and quick decisions is a big part of handicapping, especially going forward, it really should be part of every player's tool box.

W+200 #1 NCAAF Game: Cincinnati U -2 -120 over UCLA 240/200 pesetas (BOL)
                    W+100 #2NCAAF Game: Utah -5 -115 over BYU 115/100 pesetas (BOL)
                    Push 0 #3:NCAAF 2nd Half: Wisconsin -4 +100 over South Florida 200/200 pesetas (BOL)
                    W+100 #4: NCAAF Game: Colorado Money Line -430 over Colorado State 430/100 pesetas (BM)

Current Roll: 10400 pesetas

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
                      Making adjustments and quick decisions is a big part of handicapping, especially going forward, it really should be part of every player's tool box.
                      Agreed. I think that was part of the reason I wanted the contest to be basically wide open. I think it would be alot more fun, and maybe we would get to learn a little something about betting strategy.

I think there is often a player edge in half bets that isn't there full game bets.

Comment

Current Roll: 10400 pesetas

Play #5: NCAAF Game: Florida State -6.5 -107 over Boise State 535/500 pesetas (BM)

Comment

I'm kinda sad that you had to take the 2nd half bet down. In my opinion, not allowing halves, is contrary to what MW may be trying to accomplish with a football contest. I would think you would want as many clicks, and as many plays as possible. If you're trying to drive traffic, wouldn't you want a player like Goon to get HOT, and have traffic following him. As he starts winning, perhaps there would be a bigger and bigger following. By allowing half bets, people would have to tune into MW way more often, to see whether Goon is making another 2nd half play.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think it's too late to add halves. I vote yes. If it passes, I would even allow Goon to grade his bet a winner.

Comment

Allow everything!
                            Fuck you, Tiger

Comment

Vote here (post #60) https://www.majorwagerforum.com/foru...e4?view=thread

Comment

Working...
                              X