Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In future we will post team and line we are on if there is no amount it's a parlay. If you want us to do it differently please advise us Anny.

“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• I guess I don't know the answer. I can see in this case, why you wouldn't want to tip your hand for Monday.
      "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• Well I got involved because usually contests on the net end at end of season and have the last weeks picks hidden to avoid squatting and copying of plays by leader etc. No changes can be made in the MW contest so not a good comparison.

I had no idea if I was obligated or not to print the whole ticket and tip hand on Clemson but did since it was part of the ticket PM'ed for full disclosure.

I have no idea how you want to handle further if any PM's are parlays.

All I'll say is I entered this and Norm and I have chatted weekly and he carries the load I can't when family stuff comes up and he is a good guy.

Having said all this I have worked with Analyzer and Clevfan for 15 and 18 years. I have administered at least 20 contest when Yzer was still with us and he graded contests.

I do not want our entry to cause any issues whatsoever so whatever Clevfan has to say regarding rules I am good with. Been friends with these two much to long to let a contest spoil anything. That's all I got. I already spent a Sunday night on this I wanted to spend with wife.

I am going to tell a Russ contest story when I have time. It's long and funny.
        Last edited by stevo; 01-13-2020, 10:21 AM.
        “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”– Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Contest was meant to be fun...I wasn’t aware of norms plan to send me his plays when he did and it caught me in a bad spot...seeing others plays is part of the fun.

Comment

• O.K. so what I am taking from this after some discussion is you can PM play but have to post them yourselves. You can't hide a parlay amount. When first play goes off whole ticket posted including amounts.

I hope everyone can live with this and we are all on same page again. Not much time left good luck.

Norm and I already have next play I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
              I do not want our entry to cause any issues whatsoever so whatever Clevfan has to say regarding rules I am good with. Been friends with these two much to long to let a contest spoil anything. That's all I got. I already spent a Sunday night on this I wanted to spend with wife.

Nothings been spoiled. You guys have been great. I'm sorry if I distracted you from an evening with your wife. Certainly wasn't my intent. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish intent on written posts.

I think if you did a parlay, you could just show what the first half of the parlay was, after the game started. You've PM'd the whole thing, so the 2nd half can be clarified when the 2nd game starts, or the 3rd part when the 3rd game starts. Whatever. It's not really a big deal. I'm probably just being anal again.

Carry on.
              "If life throws you curve balls, sit on it, and put it in the 2nd deck"..... yeah, well, that's nice, but I could never hit a damn curve ball.

Comment

• I think it puts you at a disadvantage to have to post your full parlay and payout. They can see your commitment on the 2nd game, and what your potential payout is, and they haven't committed yet. So they could angle off that.

In my opinion, if you PM'd a two teamer $2500 to win say $10,000 on Clemson, and SF. You post the $2,500 play on Clemson when that game starts, and don't have to admit that it's part of a parlay. After the SF game starts, you show the entire play. There is a PM to prove that it was really a parlay. That way you're not giving away that you had SF.

Comment

• Sometimes it's hard to distinguish intent on written posts.
                  I'm glad you said that and it's the main reason I hate texting when taking about an important issue. So I know you will believe me when I say I don't hold you responsible at all. I have been here how long and have administered and played in how many contests? I knew we were doing something new and I should of paid more attention. I should of posted the first game was a first leg of a 3 teamer. Did a poor job of explaining what we were doing. That's on me and it was MY fault I had to get up when ?s were asked. I got up because I care and respect my friends here.

As far as the Parlays that's great to know you will allow that. Still some games left. Please note that Norm. We got more angles now if we follow Analyzer instructions for parlays.
                  Last edited by stevo; 01-13-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• AKnorm/Stevo:

January 13, 2020 6:00 pm EST (Monday)

Current Bankroll: $22,679

Lines from BookMaker (BM):

Clemson Tigers +5.5 at LSU Tigers ..... Over/Under 65.5 ..... (neutral site ..... New Orleans, Louisiana ..... FBS Championship Game) ..... Monday, January 13, 2020 8:00 pm EST

Two-Leg College Championship Game (Spread) Parlay ($5/$13) ..... $5,000 to win $13,000 on the Clemson Tigers +5.5 and the Over 65.5 for the entire game with LSU.

Comment

• The reason you would play a parlay, is to lock in a line when it looks good, otherwise you would just bet them both individually. A parlay might also be necessary if the games overlapped, which they don't, or if you're going to be away from the internet and can't post your 2nd play.

Have we discussed whether it's ok to parlay a side and total in the same game? I know sometimes books allow it, and sometimes they say they are correlated, and don't allow it. I'm not sure when they qualify as correlated. i've never actually had one turned down for being correlated. I'm not real familiar with it. Won't matter to me if LSU covers. But I could see where someone might try one to get back in it.

Comment

• That's funny. Speak of the devil. I was just posting that, and there goes a same game parlay. Funny. I guess that answers that. Good luck on that AKN/Stevo.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzer View Post
                          The reason you would play a parlay, is to lock in a line when it looks good, otherwise you would just bet them both individually. A parlay might also be necessary if the games overlapped, which they don't, or if you're going to be away from the internet and can't post your 2nd play.

Have we discussed whether it's ok to parlay a side and total in the same game? I know sometimes books allow it, and sometimes they say they are correlated, and don't allow it. I'm not sure when they qualify as correlated. i've never actually had one turned down for being correlated. I'm not real familiar with it. Won't matter to me if LSU covers. But I could see where someone might try one to get back in it.
                          Most books will allow a side and total parlay. The only times they won't is if the spread is more than 1/3 of the total... ie -22 with over 60 or +22 and under 60.
                          "Elections are not decided by those who vote but by those who count the votes"

Comment

• Looking at stuff we talked about Norm. I like it. We’re pretty close and I don’t want to get into the hiding amounts unless Goon and Chris want to.

Let’s nail the first bet and roll.
                            Last edited by stevo; 01-14-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• It would have been fun if I had shoved on LSU instead. All 4 of us would have been between 17k and 22.5k. This weekend would have been alot of fun. The strategy would be huge. Amounts bet, would be almost as important as side/total. I'm sorry I won't get to be a part of the fun.

I can't remember, did we discuss whether the all-star game was an eligible bet? It would certainly add a ton of interest in a game that doesn't normally matter. If the NFL all-star game is eligible, does that mean east/west, north/south college football games are eligible, if they occur before the superbowl?

I don't think those were even discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzer View Post
                                It would have been fun if I had shoved on LSU instead. All 4 of us would have been between 17k and 22.5k. This weekend would have been alot of fun. The strategy would be huge. Amounts bet, would be almost as important as side/total. I'm sorry I won't get to be a part of the fun.

I can't remember, did we discuss whether the all-star game was an eligible bet? It would certainly add a ton of interest in a game that doesn't normally matter. If the NFL all-star game is eligible, does that mean east/west, north/south college football games are eligible, if they occur before the superbowl?

I don't think those were even discussed.

I think nfl playoff games and super bowl game is enough...

Comment

Working...
                                X